Tiffin Girls – Tuition

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

njoseph

Tiffin Girls – Tuition

Post by njoseph »

We are moving back to London southwest after 4 years in Singapore. My dd is in Year 5(British school) and we want her to take entrance exam for Tiffin school. Her current SAT assessment are - reading 5c , writing 4a and maths 5c. I am very new to 11 plus exams stuff and learning a lot from this forum so many thanks for your contributions.
After going through this forum and reading other parents views, I think that my daughter can make it with some help and lots of practice.
Could you please recommend any tuition centers/teachers who prepare children specifically for Tiffin’s school entrance exam?
Many thanks for your help.
hermanmunster

Re: Tiffin Girls – Tuition

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

When are you moving back? presumably before she starts GS and hopefully before she starts year 6 as she would have fair amount of settling in to do + take the exam(s).

Have you sorted out schools here for when you move as that to some extend may influence how much help you need from tutors ...
la boume

Post by la boume »

Hi, if you are moving to Kingston/Surbiton/ Ham areas i can recommend a tutor.
njoseph

Post by njoseph »

Thanks for your reply la boume & hermanmunster.
We are moving back to London in January 2011 and we will be living in Isleworth area.
Schools status is in limbo at the moment. State schools can only be sorted out once children are in the country. There are some excellent church schools but those are fully subscribed and kids names are in waiting list. There is a small preparatory private school where place is confirmed but that would be costly option. Even if we go for that school, I still think that tuition will help.
Yes, there will be lots of settling in to do and that is why I want my dd to start tuition in a group so that she starts preparing when we are occupied with other stuff like house, schools and new workplaces.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now