tiffin boys open evening ..parking?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

muvvalac

tiffin boys open evening ..parking?

Post by muvvalac »

Does anyone know if car parking is available in the school premises to use for the parents who attend for open evening

If not , are there any public car parks close by ?

thanks
stressedparent

Re: tiffin boys open evening ..parking?

Post by stressedparent »

muvvalac wrote:Does anyone know if car parking is available in the school premises to use for the parents who attend for open evening

If not , are there any public car parks close by ?

thanks
Hi muvvalac'
You can park in the Bentalls centre or John Lewis and walk to school, I will be attending Tiffin girls opening evening tonight. So good luck to you.

stresseparent.
stressedparent
Overandout

Post by Overandout »

The Cattle Market car park near the Kingfisher Leisure Centre and next to Kingston Grammar is probably best for Tiffin Boys.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Good luck! We went last year and it was like playing sardines.

For parking you can safely assume there is none at the school and be warned that the neighbouring roads are restricted parking until quite late (and Kingston traffic wardens take pride in their job!) so a public car park or public transport is best. Cattle Market CP is opposite... it used to be cheaper to park downstairs than upstairs, and then there are the other central car parks. http://www.kingston.gov.uk/kingstontowncentremap-3.pdf.

Good Luck!
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

So for those of us who managed to squeeze in last night, what did we think?

I was very impressed with the little chap who showed me around - very mature for his years - and there was a good sense of camaraderie amongst the boys. Not sure about the prefects wearing gowns....

To be honest, I wasn't blown away, but I'm not sure why :?
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

I remember visiting the Buckinghamshire schools and being totally blown away, esp John Hampden's Design and Technology Labs.

We visited Langley this year again and felt so sad - it is so BIIIG compared to Tiffin! But we reminded ourselves that each school has it's pros and cons and you have to do the best with the options available to you at the time. We would love to move to Bucks, but easier said than done, hey?

Well who knows where ds2's kismet is written for him, perhaps he is meant to go to Langley after all?

THANKFULLY, ds2 thought Tiffin School was amazing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now