The Mystery of the Tiffin Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

missy

The Mystery of the Tiffin Exam

Post by missy »

There is no mystery ,the exam is essentially the same format as the Slough and Langley exam and Buckingham(VR only) .The only real difference is that in the Tiffin exam the NVR involves answering 80 questions in 50 minutes ,the others are 80 questions to be answered in blocks of 20,each section 20 questions to be answered in 10 minutes . Tiffins has a lot more applicants therefore more intense competition .
If you child has passed Langley, Slough and Herschel with high marks and i am talking about 120+ your children are in good form and have a serious chance of passing although as you may be aware there are no guarantees. Even the most able child may not get as it all depends on the day,ie nerves etc.

The only advice i can give Tiffin applicants is to get your children to read good classic books (not Captain Underpants although it is entertaining) and basically try to increase vocabulary .In the day and age of PSP X BOXs it can be frustrating to get boys especially to read. I remember as a kid when TV programmes for kids used to finish at 5.30pm and reading was a good form of entertainment (nothing else to do) .

For NVR material use everything that is available as there is a limited amount,ie Bond , IPS ,AFN ,etc

My Tiffin Journey is over as my son has sat his exam and and regardless of the results I am proud of him as he has put alot of effort in as i am sure all the children have.

All those that have sat the exam yesterday please keep the exam info confidential and request your children to do the same as you are probably aware that this may affect your own child getting in It can be so frustrating if your child has just missed the mark.

Good Luck to Tiffin Batch 2011!
Plum

Re: The Mystery of the Tiffin Exam

Post by Plum »

The only advice i can give Tiffin applicants is to get your children to read good classic books (not Captain Underpants although it is entertaining) and basically try to increase vocabulary .
Good Luck to Tiffin Batch 2011![/quote]

Excellent advice - I think it applies to all the GS entrance exams.

Fingers crossed for your DS!

Plumx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now