When do LEAs get GS results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Doblinski

When do LEAs get GS results?

Post by Doblinski »

I was pondering the other day when the LEA's get the Tiffin results as they must have to do some nifty reallocations early in order to offer taken Tiffin places to girls who also put a comp down as second choice im March. They surely cant do it all the day before they send the letters out, so must get the scores much earlier. Wonder too when the Tiffin papers finish getting marked, it cant' take too long to run em through the pooter and do the magical maths do das can it?

I think our LEA notifies parents about schools places at exactly the same time as the score for GS are sent out, shame they cant let you know earlier.....Strums fingers on table - dum de dum.
WP

Re: When do LEAs get GS results?

Post by WP »

The LAs don't get the results, just a ranking of the applicants for the school according to the school's criteria (whether test score, distance or whatever). According to the Pan London Scheme, LAs have to upload the highest possible local offer for each applicant by 2 February. There follows some communication between LAs to determine the best offer for each applicant across all LAs. That is supposed to be finished by 15 February, leaving two weeks for final checks.

So the LAs will be getting those lists from the schools about now, or next week.
Doblinski

Re: When do LEAs get GS results?

Post by Doblinski »

I see thanks WP. That represents a pretty quick turn-around for the exam markers.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now