Tiffin test 2011

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

vnunny

Tiffin test 2011

Post by vnunny »

First of all thank you to all of you who have contributed to the tiffin topics in the forum, they have been invaluable over the last year for me and my ds.
This is my first post, after the Tiffin exam last week.
My question to any other parents in this situation and to parents who've already been there (...!), is it possible to still get in to tiffin if the NVR test was so tough (a few of my fellow parents also thought the same) & quite a few questions needed to be guessed...??
Thank you in advance!
bagesh

Re: Tiffin test 2011

Post by bagesh »

I think you should not worry. If they were tough, then possibly tough for all. So, everyone who wrote the exam have equal chances of getting into this school.
Good Luck.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

The test is normalised so you don't need to get all the questions right.... you just need to get more right than the majority.

Indeed if the test was simple then everyone would get them all right and it would not be possible to differentiate.

Guessing/luck/performance on the day are all factors but hopefully overall those more able at NVR will on average get more right than those who are not.

It's a brutal process. Thankfully we have a few years off before DD2. (and in case you ask... we haven't started preparing yet! :D )

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
vnunny

Post by vnunny »

Thank you guys, makes me feel much better. I can't think how I'm going to wait for another 6 weeks before we find out, aaaargh!
Going mad http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 30&t=18463#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; coming up with possible percentages/scores/worse case scenarios...!
Oh well, only going to start again with dd next week towards next years round...gulp!