Rejection from Surbiton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doingmybest

Re: Rejection from Surbiton

Post by doingmybest »

I'm not sure what the senior school policy is like for siblings. There were instances of younger siblings of girls at the junior school not being given reception places, but these were for specific reasons and to be fair to SHS they went out of their way to re-assess the siblings -visiting nurseries to re-assess in more usual surroundings, talking to activity leaders etc, and mothers did seem pleased with the way it was handled. Again we ended up with a bulge class as 72 applied for 20 places, but it's temporary as there is an extra class intake at year 3 - it will just be very small for current years 2 and reception.
One of the reasons the junior school is now so popular is because a lot of parents have been in a similar situation to you, and have moved the younger DD to the juniors, when the older starts in year7, so she has a guaranteed place at the seniors (they only started guaranteeing places a few years ogo). DD is ok but not brilliantly bright and I really don't think she would be up to the 11+ route, which is why she's already there.
Pineapple

Re: Rejection from Surbiton

Post by Pineapple »

Thanks, doing my best. Not sure about uprooting my younger daughter as she won't be happy to leave her friends!

My dd is neither top or bottom of the waiting list, so I don't really have much of an idea of her chances. There will be 6 classes of 24. Am hoping for lots of movement!