Looking for the tutor in Sutton,Cheam or nearby...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bakijm

Looking for the tutor in Sutton,Cheam or nearby...

Post by Bakijm »

Hello!

We have recently moved to Sutton and I am looking for the good tutor that could help my son (Y5) to get ready for 11+exmas in Sutton Grammar, Wilson's and other schools. He is in Royal Russell school at the moment.

Could someone recommend a good, professional tutor (who is preparing boys for such schools)? There are some contacts in the internet, but I can't trust them. No idea whether their kids passed successfully.

I would very much appreciate your help!!

Thank you in advance.

Please PM Bakijm with any tutor suggestions-I have removed your email address to stop you getting spam-welcome to the forum! Surreymum
Bakijm

Re: Looking for the tutor in Sutton,Cheam or nearby...

Post by Bakijm »

thank you!! :)
huntlie

Post by huntlie »

According to today's 'Sunday Times,' top tutors can charge between £150 - £1000 an hour for their services. I was much amused by this (especially the notion that 10 years' experience enables you to teach just about any subject - I must alert my dear friend in Cheam, who has 26 years' experience) & looked at the website which purports to recruit these geniuses (or is that genii?) and read no further than the second paragraph, which begins 'The same principal applies to...'
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

huntlie wrote:According to today's 'Sunday Times,' top tutors can charge between £150 - £1000 an hour for their services. I was much amused by this (especially the notion that 10 years' experience enables you to teach just about any subject - I must alert my dear friend in Cheam, who has 26 years' experience) & looked at the website which purports to recruit these geniuses (or is that genii?) and read no further than the second paragraph, which begins 'The same principal applies to...'
Also according to Sunday Times, these super tutors are for the offsprings of Rockstars or Royalty (or maybe the top bankers - the one who put us all in the great mess).
Secondly, the tutees supposedly learn to get into Oxbridge by few hours or at best few weeks of lessons from these super tutors. If more lessons are needed then most likely the rates for these tutors would go down to £20-30 per hour.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
huntlie

Post by huntlie »

Actually, I don't think so. None of these guys would get out of bed for £ 30 an hour. Come to that, nor would I. I charge £50 an hour, and I am told I'm well worth it. Which I am, when you consider that I have turned marks like 69 out of 120 into 119, D grades into B grades, and many, many estimated grade Bs into As. What price getting in to the Uni of your choice? i have a friend who tutors mostly grammar school kids in Sutton & she charges £ 65. Of course, they ought not to need it, but they do.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Fantastic; if they would not get out of bed for even £30 an hour then it would be good for average family who can't afford tutoring their children and loose out to over tutored children of those who could afford the over-paid tutors.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.