Wallington Girls and Nonsuch Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daisy

Wallington Girls and Nonsuch Test

Post by Daisy »

I want to apply for my daughter to go to either Wallington High School for Girls or Nonsuch High School.
So far as I am aware there is just one test for both schools - is that right?
I am trying to work out how likely it is that my daughter will get a place.
The council say that both schools have over 800 applicants each - does that mean 1600 girls sit the test or is that 800 applicants in total for both schools. Is it generally very difficult to get into these schools?
Also, does anyone know the format of the tests and what are the best practice papers to use.
Lastly, does anyone have any thoughts on which is the best school out of Wallington Girls and Nonsuch - my daughter is bright, but will not want to have to do too much homework - she is also very sporty.
Many thanks for any help or guidance.

Post by Guest »

There is one test now and I think you can apply to either school you used to have to choose one. There are over 800 applicants for each school and competition is fierce. Don't forget anyone from anywhere can apply!
Check the lea and school websites for details and view the schools. I loved it at nonsuch when I was, there the sports facilities have been enhanced as they get to use the David LLoyd centre on the school site.

Good luck
pony

Post by pony »

Hi

My daughter sit the test this year ,let me start answering u r questions one by one.To start with both schools have exams on the same date and same paper , u can apply to only one school.The schools have catchment area the the first circle which they say as circlA, then circl B and have 50 seats for open competition . If u go to the schools website it will give u the % of seats allocated for each circle.

They have two papers verbal and maths If u ask the school they will give u the list of topics from which they will ask questions for maths and for verbal reasoning u can use the materials from this website. I hope I have answered u r questions .Good luck
Daisy

Wallington Girls and Nonsuch - what are they like?

Post by Daisy »

Thank you to pony and guest for the helpful replies.

Can anyone tell me what it is like to be a student at either of these schools - it is very competitive and how much homework is there to do? Is it only suitable for a very academic child? What are the sports and extra curricular activities like?
Many thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now