Tiffin 2011 results and cutoff mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2outof3

Re: Tiffin 2011 results and cutoff mark

Post by 2outof3 »

There isn't any sibling criteria for Tiffin Girls. If more than one girl is sitting on 235 then the 120th place is offered to the girl who lives closest to the school when measured by walking distance. You will almost certainly be offered a place though so be hopeful :D
Bilu

Post by Bilu »

2oo3

Thanks for that clarification very encouraging to know. I just rang the school and a very nice lady informed me that DD is 3rd on waiting list (based on distance), and as Mad stated some girls have already been offered at 235 based on distance criteria. So the waiting game begins!

Next round offers not expected before 23rd March as cohorts shuffle to get back on, or detract from offers, whilst they consider other options Indie schools, etc..
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

Sorry series of involved possibly unknowable questions here!:

With a cut off of 235 does it mean, if there are say 20 girls with a score of 235 but there were only room for 7 of those girls to get in, then the DC living nearest the school would be offered the first of the 7 places and the 7th nearest the school would get the last place and then the 8th nearest would be 1st on the waiting list, if you see what I mean? Or are there other factors??

Also do we ever find out what the actual top score was so that we can more accurately work out where our DDs are in the scheme of things? (Does it matter) The top possible score is 240 but how many actually get that score I wonder, is it a question of say 2 girls with 238 and 3 with 239 etc increasing upto the middle area, decreasing as you get nearer the bottom end of 235 (is that a bell projection or something)?

Lastly do we ever know how much is adjusted for a summer born child? Is it say one or two points added or more?
Last edited by Doblinski on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Doblinski wrote: With a cut off of 235 does it mean, if there are say 20 girls with a score of 235 but there were only room for 7 of those girls to get in, then the DC living nearest the school would be offered the first of the 7 places and the 7th nearest the school would get the last place and then the 8th nearest would be 1st on the waiting list, if you see what I mean?
Yes that is what it means.
Doblinski wrote:Also do we ever find out what the actual top score was so that we can more accurately work out where our DDs are in the scheme of things?
I am not sure.
Doblinski wrote:(Does it matter)
Not in my opinion, it is a snap shot of performance on one day.
Doblinski wrote:Lastly do we ever know how much is adjusted for a summer born child? Is it say one or two points added or more?
I am not sure sorry.
mad?
la boume

Post by la boume »

I think the highest possible score is 280/280.
I heard of one girl who scored that score several years ago.
Some girls who just squeezed in may find themselves at the bottom of the class, not at the top, like they used to be in primary school, but not necessarily so. That's what I heard from the mums of older girls, who are currently at Tiffins.
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

When can we find out what the final cut-off score for TGS is please? Is it after the list closess in December or sooner?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now