wallington girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
whathappened

Re: wallington girls

Post by whathappened »

dear a2ihe,
Thanks for that.well done to your daughter and good luck.They all worked so hard,didnt they.
thanks again for those kind words.keep you informed!
mm14

Post by mm14 »

I have phoned Wallington High today regarding waiting lists. The receptionist said they have not had the information from Croydon LEA yet . I was told to phone back the middle of next week, they couldn't even specify a day. The lady on the phone was not in the least helpful. I find it quite unacceptable to be told this information would be available after 31 March and now its "the middle of next week." How long more do we have to wait?
ThreeKids

Post by ThreeKids »

Watching this with some interest. We are OOC for Wallington and sitting this autumn. My understanding was that to be in with a chance DD has to be in the top 80 - end of - so if she was no. 81 she would stand no chance waiting list or otherwise. From what you are saying above this doesn't seem to be the case, though I'm not sure quite how they do it, so will be fascinated to see further posts and how the situation does/does not change.
laretta

Post by laretta »

Hi Three kids

I believe that the first round of offers are sent out to the top 80 girls who qualified. If one or more of those girls also get an offer at an indie (which does not have to be named on the CAF) and then subsequently accepts the offer from the indie in question, her top 80 place would be offered to the next child with highest score who has not already had a higher pref offer. Also if one of the top 80 children pass the test of another grammar with a high enough score (even though it may be marked as a lower preferece on the CAF), many schools allow them to join the waiting list ( it may seem silly that one might want to join a waiting list of a school they ranked 2nd or 3rd on their CAF, having already been offered their 1st choice, however it does happen, moving house etc )- at which point, they would go straight to the top having scored above the cut off. If they were then offered a place at said school, another top 80 place may become available and so on.
ThreeKids

Post by ThreeKids »

Aha! Thank-you Laretta. When I went to Nonsuch they seemed to have the Top 80 cut off as I described, but I wasn't quite sure what happened at Wally Girls. So many different systems!
laretta

Post by laretta »

You're welcome.
I believe that both Nonsuch and Wally girls hold two seperate waiting lists, one for in and one for out of catchment. The original cut off for an offer of a place tends to drop by a point or two for in catchemnt and out of catchment places.( although this can vary from year to year depending on how many children on each score and how many turn down places.
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi mm14
I expect you already know but the waiting list is out now.My friend has taken another offer so is no longer on the waiting list.I hope the list moves fast for you.keep us informed and good luck.
mm14

Post by mm14 »

Thanks whathappened. Phoned wallington today and she is 10th on the waiting list as of today. They've only had 4 girls out of the top 100 girls declining places so they have sent offers to the next 4 on the waiting list yesterday. So I expect my daughter was placed somewhere around 14th on the waiting list on national offer day. The lady said they are still chasing 9 girls who have not replied. So unless all nine of them were to decline a place, there is little hope for my daughter. So near and yet so far! So really and truly I would say the cut off point will only move by one mark this year
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

It seems strange that 9 have not replied.that should give you hope as you would expect most people who really wanted Wallington would have replied a yes straight away! I know of some mums who have accepted nonsuch but i know they are going to private schools,just keeping their options open.I would definately not give up hope and keep ringing for an update.looking back on this forum for last year some people had to wait a few weeks but did get an offer.let us know.
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi mm14,
just wanted to let you know i am still crossing my fingers for you.was talking to mums this morning and they are on the waiting list for in catchment and although some are at least 12 places off,they have not given up hope.good luck
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now