Local comp it is then!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

Just drop my son to the music theory test. On the way back, my friend phoned me to check the e-mail. I rushed home to open the e-mail and find out he got in Tiffin Boy. I was so happy and phoned my husband. I said to him I am going to pick my son up from the test centre and to tell him the news. I put my daughter in the car (she is not well today) and shut the door.... Oh I forgot my car and front door keys. How can I pick him up!!! Luckily, I ask next door to pick up my son and my in-laws came to rescue me. Thank for their helps. My hand are still shaking.....
YoYo
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

Great news YoYo well done, sorry cclough and guest 123.

Thought SCC weren't sending results by email until tomorrow. what was the sink comp you refer to as i'm panicking now.

Kaz
123guest

Post by 123guest »

well done yoyo. You are our shining star. Thanks for that wonderful news. Champagne corks popping tonight no doubt.
123guest

milly & Louise2

Post by 123guest »

Let me know tomorrow what your letter from tiffin says i.e did you get onto the waiting list. Fingers crossed for all of us. I think I need a large glass of wine. Kept brreaking into tears this evening as i was reading my younger son his bed time story. He' six do you think its too early to start verbal and non verbal with him ??????? Ha Ha
Have you broken the news to your tutors yet?
Jess

Post by Jess »

Hello Louise, Milly, 123 Guest, CClough,

Really really sorry to hear your news. You must all be sad tonight but as USA says, Tiffin is SO tough to get in to. They'll be fine wherever they go and will do well I'm sure.

YoYo- well done. Very pleased for you.

Jess x
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

Sorry to hear the news from Milly, 123guest, CClough & Louise2. My son is very happy and I feel so proud of him. I thought I can end my sleepless nights. It seems I won't get a good night sleep tonight as my daughter still have temperature when she went to bed. I am so happy for one child and I am also worried another one!
YoYo
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

Thanks for all support. My daughter was distraught when I told her, I've unplugged the phone because it kept ringing all evening. Our second option comp is fine but I feel gutted for her because she worked incredibly hard week in week out. I said I was proud of her and she turned round and said why she hadn't done anything to make me feel proud. How awful I felt for her but I am proud of her and always will be. She is in top 3 in her class and predicted 3 level 5's but it really is tough.
123guest

Post by 123guest »

just had an idea. As kingston residents we should do as sutton residents did. Campaign and complain that our children are being denied a grammar education because Tiffin schools do not operate a strict admissions policy. Unlike Sutton, who say you will only be offered a place if you live within 10KM. Hence we have children commuting from Brighton Portsmouth Southhampton and the north of london to our Tiffin school.

I'm not bitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?
123guest

Post by 123guest »

Louise2. I do feel for your daughter. My son is defined as 'gifted and Talented' by his school. again like your daughter already on Level 5's for SATS and scoring 95% and above with his tutor every week. Just how blooming clever do you have to be to get into Tiffin. Wish we lived near to sutton and then there would be none of this.
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

I've heard that this year there was a much higher number of children sitting the exams. I wish I knew her score according to Kingston won't have that till Saturday.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now