How many schools are you/were you trying for?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vasu

Re: How many schools are you/were you trying for?

Post by vasu »

harrow123 wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:
vasu wrote:I am a bit confused here....why would the Authorities discard the results. Is there something I am doing wrong?

If the school is not on the CAF then they will ignore the results when it comes to allocating the places. In some areas you do not even know the result of the exams, just the school allocated - though I think yuo can usually asle for them later
QE boys does not even allow child to appear for exam if the school is not in CAF and they clearly say that in prospectus
Of course! I understand the schools have to be on the CAF to get an offer letter. I hate to say it but I would leave one or two schools out of the CAF, even if my ds sits for the exams, I wont name them. These schools are great but not for my son, they are just practice schools. :oops: . QE is and will be our first choice but we got to have a back up and a second back up and so forth... :lol: May be at the end of the day....my ds will just sit for 4 grammars and 2 Indies. :roll: But for now "strength in numbers" I know it is not an apt quote!!
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

No shame in practise schools. And of course if they end up being the only offers then they might suddenly have more appeal. We are doing this with a couple of good schools that are quite far away from us, because if our sons get in then we might consider moving rather than chance the local comps.
vasu

Post by vasu »

menagerie wrote:No shame in practise schools. And of course if they end up being the only offers then they might suddenly have more appeal. We are doing this with a couple of good schools that are quite far away from us, because if our sons get in then we might consider moving rather than chance the local comps.
Thats what I am saying. :D Thanks!
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

With both DS's their confidence and marks improved as each exam was taken and this was reflected in their marks.
Thanks, Brownelephant, that's good to know. The school we're both most keen on is the last exam he'll sit.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now