11+ mock test held at Wallington Girls on Sat,23rd June

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
QUEENMA

11+ mock test held at Wallington Girls on Sat,23rd June

Post by QUEENMA »

Iam not sure I can name the organisation that conducted these tests at the Wallington school this Saturday - but I definitely want to share our experience about them - really appalling to say the least.
The tests did not start on time - and once they had started DD told me,were riddled with wrong questions, printing mistakes - the examiners/invigilators acknowledged them straight away.It wasnt just one mistake but a few I gather.
My problem is that once children get an experience where the question itself is wrong - anything that they find difficult from there on , they attribute it to the question probably being wrong ! From that point of view I think the test did more harm than gain.
I sincerely hope the organisers take these mocks seriously in the future.

Queenma
luoj_98

Re: 11+ mock test held at Wallington Girls on Sat,23rd June

Post by luoj_98 »

I agree with you. my daughter also mentioned some mistakes after the test. The organisation of the test on that day was also quite poor.

My suggestion is that do not go to this mock test.
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Please could you PM me as we have booked to do a mock on Aug 6 and want to check whether its the same company - many thanks
SuttonDad

Post by SuttonDad »

Do you mean the tests held on 23rd July (rather than June)?

My daughter will sit mock tests at the same venue on 27th August but I'm sure it is a different company to the one that ran tests on 23rd July, 6th August, 20th August etc.
dams

Post by dams »

I think QUEENMA meant 23rd July. My DD too had the same experience on that day. The tests did not start on time, but that was understandable as the delay was less than 15 minutes. However there appeared to be several mistakes on the question papers. That didn't do any favour to my DD.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

There must have been quite a few complaints as Wallington Girls has placed a notice on the website.

http://www.wallingtongirls.sutton.sch.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
URGENT NOTICE
The Governors would like to clarify that external companies, hiring school facilities for the purpose of 11+ tutoring, are in no way affiliated with, or endorsed by, Wallington High School for Girls.
SuttonDad

Post by SuttonDad »

Wow. That is definitely written to stand out!
The mock tests on 23rd July etc. is run by people also tutoring at Wallington almost every Saturday.
The other company doing a mock test on 27th August at Wallington appear to be moving elsewhere later in the year.
Maybe they don't want to be associated with the bad vibes.