Bond 11plus Maths test papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mynameisbond

Bond 11plus Maths test papers

Post by mynameisbond »

Advice please !! My son has just completed one of these and I am v disheartened at his score. he has been managing 47/50 on the Bond 10-11plus books but his scored was in the mid 60s on the first paper in this set. What shall I do and also does anyone have a view on how easy/difficult these papers are compared to the real tests ?
kaye mcardle

Re: Bond 11plus Maths test papers

Post by kaye mcardle »

Hello,

I cannot answer your question on the fact of these tests being very different from the real thing, but to answer your question of 'what should I do?'. If you are not already doing so I would perhaps set a schedule for you to personally tutor your son on a part-time evening basis. You do not have to be a qualified teacher or anything, just if you have access to the internet from your home, there are a wealth of educational resources that you could both use together to help your wee man in his learning. He may not want to do this is as he does so much learning during his day, but even just one hour per night may be enough to up his grades, you could also give him an incentive that if he completes one hour with you, he gets (.......) in return!

Just browse the interent for resources on 11+ educational tools. The one I use (for my niece) although I think it might be a bit too young for your one is link to commercial site removed by Moderator BBC Bitesize is good too, I actually used this for myself and I'm 29!

Good Luck and well done on actually persuing advice and dealing with this to help your wee man.
Kaye
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now