Crazy! Tiffin Admission 2014!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JaysDarlin

Re: Crazy! Tiffin Admission 2014!!

Post by JaysDarlin »

That's odd... I just downloaded a file onto my smartphone and I wasn't even logged in.
mumsonia

Post by mumsonia »

Hi Jaysdarlin,

I could now : got a free trial period from scribd.

Can't stop giving a compliment : Its amazingly structured. gr8 work :-)

Thanks a ton.

Cheers,
Sonia.
SlummyMummy

Post by SlummyMummy »

Hi,
I've tried to download from Scribd, but it says page not available. I've sighed up as well, but still no luck.
Could someone send the the Category cards or send me the correct link please. I'd really like to use them. Thanks
bristolmum

Post by bristolmum »

I also tried to download from Scribd, but it says page not available.

Could someone pm me the the Category cards or send me the files please.

I'd really like to use them too

Thanks

Bristolmum
Bm
MyUniMoney

Post by MyUniMoney »

JaysDarlin wrote: 1) Category Cards = 3 (I have made picture category cards for every category imaginable, (vehicles, birds, cats, cooking utensils, tools, musical instruments, etc) and for example, the 'Tree' card has pictures of all the types of trees we have ever come across) and we use these games to play memory games.
2) First Aid Pages = 2
3) Writing, once a week
4) Reading to mum (electronic dictionary at hand, ruler to underline unknown words and pen to write definition in the margin, plus notepad to make a list of words for new flashcards)
5) Bonds Maths papers

Weekend:

1) Flash Cards = 14 new cards and testing previous cards
2) Times Tables, once a week (15 minute drill)
3) Mental Arithmetic once a week.(15 minute drill)
4) Reading to mum

(If anyone would like the flash cards or worksheets I have prepared, please email me)

:lol:
Hi JaysDarlin,

Im very inspired by your planning! Im glad you posted; mine is a year behind you , now in Y4, so it will be sitting in 2014 for 2015 (is that right?! :)) so glad to have you to model on.

I would really be grateful if you could PM me about the cards - I have not thought of that. Im not sure how it works! Thanks.

First Aid Pages?! What's that?! :shock:

Thanks again.
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hello All,

Finally sat down and to have a quick 11+ stock-take :)

It's finally September 2012 - one year left before the 11+ exams for those starting secondary school in 2014! Time to pull my socks up :D

Well we have around 46 weeks till next September, by which time our kids need to be all prepped with VR, NVR, and most probably English and Maths too.

Ive been concentrating mainly on ds's Maths and English (writing,grammar and spelling) I havent really touched VR - So will start on going through the types from this week.

What is everyone else doing?

Here are the scribd links, I don't know why the old one's are not working, sorry.
Category Cards:
http://www.scribd.com/collections/35341 ... gory-Cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Worksheets:
http://www.scribd.com/collections/3534114/Worksheets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flashcards:
http://www.scribd.com/collections/3534110/Flashcards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
J50

Post by J50 »

My first post on this excellent forum. Thanks JD for your info and cards etc. My son is a year behind, just started Year 4. My older son used the Bond papers and various other papers to help him get into an independent school (not the same competition level I know), but the younger one is brighter and will try for Tiffin entrance. He's had a look at the Bond papers from time to time and recently decided of his own volition to do some of them each week. As he is 8 we started on the Age 8/9 papers but he found these easy and was getting 90-100%. So he's on the age 9/10 papers and gets around 70-80% in them as he needs to learn new techniques, words etc; in the NVR 9/10 he is still getting 90%+. Basically he has a go at them and the questions he can't do I work through with him. These are the Maths, VR, NVR and English papers.

One question I have, is this a reasonable level to be at at this stage? I have no idea where he should be relatively with the Tiffin exams in mind!!

I notice comments from many about don't start them on papers too early but they are my main source for teaching him and finding gaps in his knowledge. He's at state primary so only gets homework once a week so the work level isn't excessive and so far has been his choice. Should I continue with him doing the papers and then plugging the knowledge gaps?

Any thoughts gratefully received.
Smile4

Post by Smile4 »

Sounds very reasonable. I'm jealous of all you well prepared parents! I was a little more lastminute.com I'm afraid - we didn't start until July(or something like that) and he took the test in September.
elevenplusprep

Post by elevenplusprep »

Hi Jaysdarlin,

I was trying to access the sheets on scribd and it asks to become a premium member before you download any sheets. Any other way to access these sheets?

Thanks
mum-of-three

Post by mum-of-three »

Hi JaysDarlin
Your scribd links are very helpful but it seems that i can only download them if i am a premium member. Can you please let me know some other way to get access to them?

Also for First Aid in English do you think one should go for answer book also?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now