wallington exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rejim2

wallington exam

Post by rejim2 »

Dear all,
Anyone got a clue that if at all students have to do working with respect to maths or verbal reasoning where can they do it?-
Is it directly on the question paper or will they be provided with scrap paper. From the WCGS, school info, this year they have all multiple choice for VR , Maths and Comprehension.
For coded questions in verbal as well as maths they need proper working area.
Any advise-
Thanks for the help
loopylou

Re: wallington exam

Post by loopylou »

I don’t know and haven't been able to find out I’m afraid. I wanted to know whether children are allowed to underline parts of the comprehension texts to help them find key information when answering the questions. Apparently one year some children were allowed to write on the papers whilst others weren't which seems a little unfair.
It would be really nice to be able to prepare DS just a little bit for what will happen on Saturday just in terms of telling him where to write his answers and reassuring him that he will have room for working out. Instead we have tried to cover all eventualities with him when practicing at home and I have also told him to listen carefully to what they say and if it’s unclear to put his hand up and ask (I don’t think he would do this though as the exam hall is likely to be big and intimidating enough as it is).

Hopefully one of the other boys will be more outgoing and confident and will put their hand up at the start of the exam if no obvious rough paper is provided.
rejim2

Post by rejim2 »

thanks loopylou!, mine too, DS won't ask.
Hope for the best! :?
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

I should mention that the problem with some children being allowed to write down their workings out whilst others weren't didn't happen at Wallington. A poster here said it happened at Nonsuch 4 years ago. Hopefully though it will all be explained to them on Saturday and they will be given plenty of room to work out codes or maths problems.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now