Nonsuch results are in...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
goldieandthreebears

Re: Nonsuch results are in...

Post by goldieandthreebears »

I've been reading this thread with interest. it seems that the general consensus is the cut off will be lower than last year for both catchment and OOC? We are OOC, I hope my DD did enough she got 130 VR, 113 NVR and 130 English and Nonsuch is her absolute favourite. Good luck to everyone with the rest of 11+, it's a very long time to wait until March...
alisonn

Post by alisonn »

I too am reading this thread with interest. My DD passed with a score of 326 and we are in catchment - so we live in hope of a place, although I think we would be lucky if she got in.

Wallington Girls results are next and I do hope these come through today - it's v hard this waiting game :D
goldieandthreebears

Does anyone know if Wallington girls give scores, or is it just "your daughter is of selective ability"?
alisonn

Post by alisonn »

I believe from the Wallington Girls website you just get either a yes or a no as to whether you are of selective ability. Letters have arrived this morning - but waiting for DD to come home before we open it.
goldieandthreebears

alisonn wrote:I believe from the Wallington Girls website you just get either a yes or a no as to whether you are of selective ability. Letters have arrived this morning - but waiting for DD to come home before we open it.
many thanks for that alisonn.
FAIRNESS

Post by FAIRNESS »

Hi sgcmum
Thanks.
Peabrain

Post by Peabrain »

Our DD scored VR 99 NVR 107 English 105 - just missed a pass by one mark on VR (usually her strongest subject) we are in catchment and gutted as DD had her mind set on joining her sister at Nonsuch! :(
laretta

Post by laretta »

Peabrain

My heart goes out to you. I believe that the VR was particularly challenging this year and many did not finish it.

Wishing you and Daughter all the best.

xx
Laretta
modernista

Post by modernista »

Peabrain,
I know how my DD would feel if she had set her heart on something. Maybe your daughter was meant to chart her own life and not follow her sister. I am sure she will turn out to be a trailblazer and do very well in life!
sutton

Post by sutton »

2outof3 wrote:I know it doesn't help much with calculating potential cut off marks for in and out of catchment, but harking back to the good old days when my DDs took the test, the top mark was also 420 (then the test was VR and maths only). Obviously it's not comparable as then the pass mark was always 326, but it is interesting that the current pass mark is so much lower than it was then, even though the total number of available marks is the same.

OOC cut off back then was usually about 380+ (as someone has already suggested) but I would guess that it would be lower than this now for two reasons - back then only the top 50 got in from OOC and its now top 80 and also the pass mark is lower now. Could be in the region of 350/360 bearing all that in mind. Anyway, the introduction of the English test does seem to have made a big difference.

Good luck to all of you hoping for a place on 01 March and those waiting for other results :D
Hi 2outof3 , Thanks for your valuable info , Any idea what was the cut off for catchment on that time ?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now