Nonsuch results are in...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Scoopy19

Re: Nonsuch results are in...

Post by Scoopy19 »

Thought I'd share my daughter's scores in the hope that we gain a wider picture of the % passing and passmarks:

VR 116
NVR 113
English 118

So at total of 347. We are OOC so I don't think we have a hope in **** of getting a place.

A friend of a friend's daughter scored 374 overall and found it easy. My daughter found it hard and also had a massive meltdown 2 days before which really knocked her confidence.

The question now is whether we bother putting Nonsuch down on the CAF at all and more importantly, whether we even consider putting her in for Tiffin.
modernista

Post by modernista »

Well done to everyone- we gave it a go and wanted the best for our kids. Whatever happens I hope this will teach our kids the value of effort.
If we take english out of the picture, and only take VR and NVR scores then we can compare somewhat to last years scores- assuming the tests and cohort were similar. My daughter got 259 for the two so I am hoping for the best.
sgcmum

Post by sgcmum »

Hi all,
Congrats to those who have got through

Last year it started with disappointing results from Nonsuch for us,but DD went on to do really well in all the following ones.
Tiffins nvr is not timed sections like Nonsuch and is easier for it if I may call it that.
So don't give up hope just yet.
foxandsot

Post by foxandsot »

We got our daughters results and they were:

101 - VR
105 - NVR
120 - Eng

She passed but we know that she will not get a place. All the same we are really proud of her and her effort especially as she ran out of time and left 16 :shock: questions in the verbal reasoning and 5 out of the NVR test. She says that she knows she dithered over a few questions for far too long and couldn't make up the time due to the way the tests are set (in sections I believe). She still wants to sit Tiffin and who knows she may be better prepared for their type of test.

A very proud mummy :D
QUEENMA

Post by QUEENMA »

Hi All
Congratulations to all the girls for all the hard work they put in to these exams.
My DD has 130 in VR , 116 in NVR and 108 in English - 354 as a total - we are 'in catchment' - but not sure if this is enough for her to get in.Any idea anyone ?

Queenma
laretta

Post by laretta »

Hi Fox
Are you ooc?
foxandsot

Post by foxandsot »

Yes, just out of catchment. We are in Chessington and looking at the map on open day, we were a thumb nail out!!!

M
sgcmum

Post by sgcmum »

Queenma,
Your dd's average works out to 118,last year in catchment on national offer day corresponded to an average of 106.i think it's fair to assume your DD will get an offer based on that.
QUEENMA

Post by QUEENMA »

Thanks sgcmum.
Iam hoping now she does well in Tiffins - Iam pleased with her Verbal score and NVR was always her weak area.The English score perhaps is a reflection of us not having a tutor and doing everything at home - with no clue of what the paper might be !
laretta

Post by laretta »

Hi

I have now told DD her scores and can therefore post them. Not as high as many on here, but I'm still hopeful in catchment - I'll just have to wait 'till March like everyone else :wink: .
VR 111
NVR 114
Eng 106

Tot 331

Good luck to all those still to receive.