Tiffin Girls Test Dates changed to 16 Nov clashing with HBS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

enkay

Tiffin Girls Test Dates changed to 16 Nov clashing with HBS

Post by enkay »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else is facing this issue.

Tiffin Girls has changed the exam dates from Jan to 16 Nov. This clashes with HBS dates which are always in Nov - and this year on 15th and 16th Nov (assignment of exam date is random).

I called Tiffin's but they did not seem quite open to considering the issue. Wonder if anyone else has called Tiffin or Henriatta - please share your experience.

Maybe we should launch an appeal to both schools.

Thanks

Administrator - can you pl make this post sticky until the issue is resolved.
2outof3

Re: Tiffin Girls Test Dates changed to 16 Nov clashing with

Post by 2outof3 »

Hi Enkay

I'm not sure that you'll find too many other people on the forum sitting for both Tiffin Girls and HBS as they are the complete opposite ends of London! Unless you live slap back in the middle of the two, it would be a pretty horrendous journey either way. I could be wrong though as I know people are prepared to travel for miles to get to a good school. Hopefully you'll get some support soon from people in the same boat :)
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi enkay
Administrator - can you pl make this post sticky until the issue is resolved.
I have done that for you.
enkay wrote:This clashes with HBS dates which are always in Nov - and this year on 15th and 16th Nov (assignment of exam date is random).
If, as 2outof3 says, there will be very pupils sitting for both, and HBS has two dates, you might be better off asking HBS to specifically allocate your child to Nov 15th to avoid the clash.

Tiffin tests around 1,000 children every year, so I think you are probably never going to persuade them to rearrange their date for the benefit of a handful of people.

Good luck - I hope you get it sorted out.

Sally-Anne
enkay

Post by enkay »

Thanks 2outof3 and Sally-Anne

I hope to be able to convince either of 2 schools to arrange a supplementary exam date. Both the schools said if there are enough students they may organize a supplementary exam date.
la boume

Post by la boume »

May be there is no need to convince Tiffin school as there is always second sitting for the test, for those ill on the day, dates clashing etc.
re distance: many people make their children sit for schools in the different parts of the country and then relocate.
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

I agree and would be v surprised if too many girls were facing this issue. The two Tiffin schools have their exam on the same day and it is the same exam for both schools. I can't believe they would change the date now. It seems sensible as one of the postings said to request the previous day for the other clashing exam given that they have two options. The Tiffin exam date seems to change all the time - my DD did the exam at beginning of Dec in 2009, this year it was in Jan and now it's going to be mid-Nov. Please can anyone shed any light on this change and could it be that fact that the two schools have now gained academy status ? Would be much better in my opinion to have at least some idea of exam perfomrance before handing in the CAF form as with Wallington and Wilsons
pintux

Post by pintux »

Have the same problem. Doesnt look like the schools are willing to change the dates.
dreams

Post by dreams »

pintux wrote:Have the same problem. Doesnt look like the schools are willing to change the dates.
My husband gave them a call and he were told that HBS will find a possibility to sit an exam at the other day for such girls. They didn't tell on wich day exactly it would be 15 th or any other day. Let's hope for best.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now