any movement on Tiffin waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jessie

Post by jessie »

If your daughter has moved from 15 to 13, presumably this means there were only two girls who scored 232 and that all those on 231 are next in line, doesn't it? There are bound to be at least 13 more drop outs. Good luck.

Post by Guest »

Unfortunately not because it is now done on distance criteria. there are 2 girls at the top on 233, 4 girls on 232 and 10 girls on 231. Places are offered in order on distance from school.
faye

Post by faye »

You seem to be very knowledgeable on this,are you estimating or quoting the candidates on each number from experience/or do you work for admissions? :? :? :?
jessie

Post by jessie »

But surely the distance criteria only applies once the waiting list is down to its last few places so that if there are say 10 girls on that last point and they have three places then the three selected will be on distance. In the case of girls in the top 20 or 30, they are all bound to get in if the past years are anything to go by.

Post by Guest »

Faye

No I don't work in admissions, just an interested parent with a daughter on the waiting list. I got the information from Kingston Council 2 weeks ago.

Jessie

Yes that's right about the distance criteria it is only used for tied places. Usually up to 30 from waiting list do get in so we'll wait and see.
guest7

Post by guest7 »

Still no movement anyone????
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

If anyone does get an offer for Tiffin Girls could you post here, I will do the same. As of Monday this week the list has gone down 5 places. Any more information I will post.
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

Spoke to Kingston council today and the waiting list for Tiffin Girls has only moved down 7 places.
faye

Post by faye »

Same info given to me Louise, we are now number 5 ,where are you?Some authorities still coming in and refusals over phone have to be given written confirmation of declining the offer.Still hanging on in there and might move a little quicker now .
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

Faye, we are now number 8, we'll wait and see. Will keep you posted if I hear anything more.