Nonsuch/Wallington offers 2012 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Babiloo

Re: Nonsuch/Wallington offers 2012 entry

Post by Babiloo »

Lyon_98 and Scoopy,

Wow what fabulous scores your DDs have got. Well done to them.

No info on wallington website about the highest scores.

Wallington is our closest and we are ooc for Nonsuch, but DD liked Nonsuch.
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

well done to you all.last year wallington did not give us the scores,just a letter offering place so good they are giving more info now.does anyone know how many took the wallington test this time?
Jaybee 2

Post by Jaybee 2 »

Hi, I have a query! So my daughter went for an oc place at Nonsuch. Last October we were told her score of 350 wouldnt get her an OC place as it had to be in the 90th percentile? As a result we put good state school first and Nonsuch 2nd just in case. We got offered the state choice but following day received letter saying she scored above he OCcutoff mark and because she received her higher preference the only way to get her place back is to go on the OC waiting list. We are slightly gutted but have sent off the waiting list form. Will the fact that she scored 5 points above cutoff mark put her at top end of the waiting list of have we blown it?
Babiloo

Post by Babiloo »

Jaybee 2,

May I ask who told you, you would need 90% to attain a OC place? I am afraid they have mislead you. My DD got an OC place for NS, her score was not 90% (very close to it). Sorry to tell you what you already know buy you should have put down NS as your first preference as it is the school you desired.

Saying all these I would definitely put your DD on the waiting list, also give the school a call to find out the position on the list.

Good Luck
Babiloo
Wandsworth Daddy

Post by Wandsworth Daddy »

My DD got a Wallington offer which we are obviously delighted with. I note that earlier posts in this thread indicate they knew their score? How did they get those when I thought Wallington did not give scores as a matter of policy?
She got 342 in Nonsuch. I know there are no crystal balls here but I am wondering whether that will be enough to be offered a place from the waiting list. Any views appreciated.
Babiloo

Post by Babiloo »

Wandsworth Daddy
The results were given to us because we did not put wally girls down as first choice and therefore not offered a place. Nonsuch was offered to us. I suppose they revealed the scores to girls who did not accept wally girls.

There is no harm in putting your DD down on the waiting list for NS.
Scoopy19

Post by Scoopy19 »

As Babiloo has said, the reason we received the score was because we did not put Wallington as the first choice school but our DD's score was higher than the cut off hence they want to know if we would like to go on the waiting list.

We also got a "would you like to go on the waiting list" letter from Nonsuch. We have accepted Tiffin.

It is definitely worth going on the waiting list for Nonsuch.
Wandsworth Daddy

Post by Wandsworth Daddy »

Roger on that folks. Many thanks. :wink:
Roz12

Post by Roz12 »

computergeek wrote:I dont know whether to send my DD to tiffins, wallington or nonsuch. She was offered Nonsuch but I heard that tiffin's is 11th best in UK, walington 19th and Nonsuch 17th. Pls help us decide.
Hi

I'm so pleased for you, I dream for such a result. Would you mind if I ask you if you used a tutor my daughter is in Year 4 and we are doing Bond papers but she need some extra tuition.

I would appreciate a contact.

Many Thanks

Roz
Devoted-dad

Post by Devoted-dad »

hello everyone.. Our DD will be yr 4 in september. shes a high achiever in her class. we intend to apply to Non-such, Tiffin girls, etc. we would like to hear your views in how to prepare. many thanks :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now