Commutable to Tiffins and in Nonsuch catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Gundumummy

Commutable to Tiffins and in Nonsuch catchment

Post by Gundumummy »

Hello

This is my first post on the forum and am very exited to be part of this community.

DD no.1 has gotten into Tiffins :) and DD No.2 will be sitting her exams this September. We live in Harrow, West London. We are looking to relocate to Surrey before the beginning of the new school year.

I am looking for suggestions in terms of areas to move to that would be commutable to Tiffins but are also in catchment for Nonsuch and Wallington.

DD no.2 will have to finish Year 6 at another primary school :( , so would welcome suggestions that can hopefully fulfill all the requirements.

Many Thanks
ahap

Re: Commutable to Tiffins and in Nonsuch catchment

Post by ahap »

Hi Gundumummy,

Sorry for not answering your question, but does your forum name mean something, because I know what it means, if I may, can I write it and you tell me whether I am right? :D . We also have a topic about forum names.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Gundumummy

Post by Gundumummy »

Go ahead
ahap

Post by ahap »

Sorry, can't get myself to write it as it may be wrong, but if you write it I'll tell you whether it was the same thing I was thinking about. :)
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Okay, let me ask you a few questions first
1.Have you heard of the Cholar Prince Damu/Dharman/ Bodhidharman/Bodhidharma? Yes or No

2. Is the first letter F and is a 3 letter word when you translate the word Gundu, in English? Yes or No

:roll:
sgcmum

Post by sgcmum »

Ahap
Why don't you pm her and get it cleared :D
And wasn't bodhidharma a pallava?

Gundumummy
Your forum name sure put a smile on my face.hope someone can give some suggestions to your question

Sgcmum
Last edited by sgcmum on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Oh sorry, yes he was a Pallava Prince wasn't he, forgetting things has been a norm nowadays for me. :D
Last edited by ahap on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Hi Gundumummy (and I have no idea what that means by the way :) )

If you need to commute to Tiffins but be in the Nonsuch catchment, there are a number of reasonable places you could move to. You could actually move to Cheam - which is obviously in both the Nonsuch and Wallington catchments but it is then quite a long bus journey to Tiffins. In fact it would probably involve two buses (x26 or 213 into Kingston and then a 65 up the Richmond Road), about an hour's journey.

Alternatively, you could move nearer to Kingston for example New Malden/bits of Tolworth. This still puts you firmly in the Nonsuch catchment (not sure about Wallington) and a reasonably quick journey into Tiffins.

These are both bus routes. You could of course think of areas where your DC could get the train e.g. parts of Epsom are still within Nonsuch catchment but would involve a change of trains for Tiffins. (There is a bus that goes into Kingston from Epsom but again about an hour's journey.) Obviously it really depends how far you want DC to travel. I would say for the easiest journey to Tiffins you need to be west of Nonsuch otherwise it's a pretty long haul by train or bus.

Hope that helps but I'm sure others will be along with more advice and congratulations to your DD :D
Gundumummy

Post by Gundumummy »

Thank you so much for your input 2outof3. Will definitely consider your suggestions while planning.

Cheers
KingstonDad

Post by KingstonDad »

Hi, If you are choosing New Malden, try to be on the Worcester park side of A3. I don't think the Kingston side comes into the catchment area for Nonsuch.
Good Luck.