Induction pack for nonsuch?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
goldieandthreebears

Induction pack for nonsuch?

Post by goldieandthreebears »

My DD is starting at Nonsuch in September. Apart from the offer letter we received from the LEA and the school on 1st March we haven't received anything further from the school. My DDs friends at school are all getting their induction packs for their new schools and I was wondering if anyone starting at Nonsuch in September has received the induction pack yet?
Babiloo

Re: Induction pack for nonsuch?

Post by Babiloo »

My DD starts as well in September and I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for starting this topic.
scenebutnotherd

Post by scenebutnotherd »

Hi, we are in the same position for SGS, so you are not alone. Champing at the bit to get dates in diary, uniform sorted etc so it is a tad frustrating!

I think their rationale for delaying sending out the induction packs, is that there is still a little bit of movement on waiting lists and until they reach the point when they feel they have finalised the lists of 2012 Year 7 students, they do not want to be wasting money, time and energy sending packs out unnecessarily!

I know that I emailed Cladish's directly to ask for the official uniform list for SGS and was roundly told that uniform packs had been sent to the school some weeks ago. They seemed quite indignant that they hadn't been sent out!

I imagine it's quite a task assembling the induction packs for 120 - 180 students and ensuring that all the information is correct and up-to-date. I know that SGS is currently in the process of appointing a new Registrar - so that might be part of the reason for the delay too. We have been told that we will receive the packs in May - but no indication whether it will be beginning, middle or end!

Have you asked the school directly?
goldieandthreebears

Thanks scene, I thought that might be the case. I haven't called the school yet, I might do so in the next week if I haven't received anything.
cakemummy

Post by cakemummy »

Have to say that WCGS have been amazing. We had our induction meeting in March and were given the induction packs. They also have quite a few induction days between now and September to help the children settle in and make friends - really impressed :)
grammarmum

Post by grammarmum »

Tiffin girls have already called us for a date in the diary for picking up uniform in May so they are moving fast. I think wait for another week or so and it should pick up in May for other schools
goldieandthreebears

Very impressed with Wallington and Tiffin. Hope nonsuch get in touch soon!
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

SGS will be in touch. They usually have a meeting at te school and a further one at the sports ground
The boys are invited in to meet their teacher and class later in the term and have the chance to attend 3 sporty days at the end of the summer holidays which is a real ice-breaker
They start back a day before everyone in September so they have the school to themselves to settle
scenebutnotherd

Post by scenebutnotherd »

Thanks, Surreymum! Yes, they have said they will be in touch in May. It just seems like a long wait, after all the flurry of activity in March.

DS is really looking forward to going to SGS and is avidly waiting for all the information.
catcool

Post by catcool »

They will probably wait until the appeals have been heard.
When my dauighter was there you get invited in and they sell a lot of the uniform in the Hall . You can also buy second hand items and pick up some good bargains .
There is plenty of time and remember children can grow between now and September so why rush.
Do not forget the schools are busy at present with GCSEs exams etc coming up.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now