tiffin boys waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hopeful

tiffin boys waiting list

Post by hopeful »

does anyone know how this works? If say 8 boys got the same score and are all at number 46 does that mean that the next number on the waiting list is 54, or can there be several boys on each number?
rcww

waiting list

Post by rcww »

I presume that one number for each person otherwise it will be hard to allocate a place for more than one person.

Anyone knows what are numbers of boys will be given a place from the waiting list. I know it depends on how many accepts the offer, does anyone know how many were given last year?

cheers
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

i know several boys who got the same score and are the same number on the waiting list, which is why i asked the question. last year they took 70 off the waiting list, according to another thread on this forum.
Rcww

waiting list

Post by Rcww »

hopeful wrote:i know several boys who got the same score and are the same number on the waiting list, which is why i asked the question. last year they took 70 off the waiting list, according to another thread on this forum.
I wonder who will get the place then if there is serveral boys allocated to the same number.

Wow they took 70 boys off the waiting list!! That is half of the amoun of places avaliable!!
rcww

waiting list

Post by rcww »

Anyone out there whos son was on the Tiffin boys waiting list in the previous years got in? Can you tellme what position on the waiting list he was in? My son is in 59th on the waiting list and wonder what are the chances of him getting a place.

Thanks
dj

Post by dj »

i don't think this means half the places went to boys on the waiting list, just that they needed to go down to number 70 to fill the places. Theoretically even if only one boy turns down his place and so do the next 69 on the waiting list, then the one free place goes to number 70. I think that's right. I reckon your son stands a reasonable chance though I don't suppose you'll hear anything till about July.
bakersdozen

Waiting lists

Post by bakersdozen »

From what I understand they offer only when they have enough spaces to give a place to all the boys on each score level. So if there are 8 boys who have 224 (first score on the waiting list) then Tiffin wait till they have 8 refusals before offering to all 8 at that level.

Tiffin Girls go by distance from Kingston Town Hall on their waiting list at each level.

Bet the phones are red hot Monday!
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

thanks bakersdozen. But does that mean, in your example, that the next number on the waiting list is 9 (with a point score of 223) or do they have several boys on each number ie the next number on the waiting list is 2 (with a point score of 223)? The first makes sense, but some people seem to think it's the second example. Help!!!
Thea

Post by Thea »

This is interesting. So in an extreme example, if they got down to a score which 20 boys had achieved (assuming the scores are on a normal distribution could be a big cluster) and 19 places came free, they wouls start the school year with 19 fewer than they could take...
has this ever happened?
Best Regards,
Thea
beth

Post by beth »

rcww - why don't you ring the school and see how many people got the same score as your son and are also 59 on the list, and what happens if there are 10 or 15 boys on the same number. Do they all get in or how do they choose?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now