Good Luck - Tiffins tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
London_Mum

Re: Good Luck - Tiffins tests

Post by London_Mum »

Agree suzanne - an appeal costs the parents only the time to fill in a form (and if they wish to really go for it collect and supply evidence as well). They need not even turn up to the appeal in person as it can be held using just their written submission. As a protest it costs parents nothing to do this although of course if you are seeking to also gain a place through appeal and not just register dissatisfaction with the arrangements for this year, it does take time and effort to prove your case.
Smile4

Post by Smile4 »

Who would I write to in order to get more information about these arrangements? I'd like to find out how they are going to standardise the scores fairly and if there is anything they can say about the 10 less weeks of preparation.
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

Yes, is there someone we can write to and find out what's really going on? I'm sure the school will be made aware of the unfairness as more and more parents find out (and will in no doubt feel the same way).
London_Mum

Post by London_Mum »

As the schools conduct their own tests, would it be the Chair of Governors perhaps?

Or would this constitute yet another last minute change to the published admission arrangements without consultation in which case, if it was a complaint not a clarification, it may be the School's Adjudicator again.
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

The school's website is down and they only have a temporary one up at the moment....
Betty-Zeynep

Post by Betty-Zeynep »

OMG I just saw that Tiffins are doing extra tests, what the h... Why my DD set than this stressfull test yesterday? After Nonsuch and Wallingtn she was so tired but forces herself do more papers at home for Tiffins.
Mums, can we do some complain to somewhere???? It is not fair. :twisted:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sgsgirl wrote:The school's website is down and they only have a temporary one up at the moment....
? change of mind re tests
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

All seems a bit strange..
Ringostar

Post by Ringostar »

Definitely worth another go with School Adjudicator. Perhaps this time they will also look into the Academies Act requirements. But this time, I suggest that other parents do the objections.
MitraniD

Post by MitraniD »

This is just ridiculous! How could the school change the admissions arrangement right at the last minute? It wasn't even there a week or two ago. This is unfair on our children who have sat the stage 1 tests on 27th September. Why would other children get 2 months of extra prep time just only focussing on Tiffin?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now