Wallington Girls School results out

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Thriny_00

Wallington Girls School results out

Post by Thriny_00 »

I received a letter saying my daughter is within 'selective criteria'. I was pleased but still not sure whether she would get a place b'cos we dont live within the PAN. Can any one let me know how many girls received this letter?
hermanmunster

Re: Wallington Girls School results out

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - difficult one! Bit if discussion about it here:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 30&t=28060" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thriny_00

Post by Thriny_00 »

discussion link is useful....

The girls i know who sat Wallington test this year all have received the selective criteria letter - don't know whether it is based on the ranking order that takes into where they live or just based on the scores first 600 or 700 or 800? I guess they need to refine this process.
London_Mum

Post by London_Mum »

Thriny - it is based on neither. It is based on having achieved equal to or higher than the minimum score set by the school for that test. In theory, it would be perfectly possible for all 1400 to have passed (but not very likely!)

About 700 girls received a letter to inform them they have passed the test. The letter means that the candidate has reached the minimum score required in the test to be considered of selective ability - no more and no less than that. There is no extra tier of selection at this stage based on catchment areas or rankings when deciding who to send the letters to. It is simply a case of meeting the minimum score required.

The next step involves Wallington compiling a list of those who have passed the test and who have listed Wallington as one of their preferences. They will then apply their admission criteria only to those girls. This means some of the places reserved for the top scorers will go to girls who also happen to live within catchment area. And the catchment area places will be dependent on the scores of other girls living nearby.

The letter means you are eligible to apply to Wallington but comes with no indication whatsoever as to your chances of receiving an offer in March beyond the fact that you haven’t been eliminated at the first stage and are still in the running. With any luck most people applying have enough room on their form to accommodate these possible-maybe results.
Cheam

Post by Cheam »

Since Wallington girls tests did not change, can probably use previous years indicators?

My daughter sat the 2010 test (for Sep 2011 entrance), in catchment 371 and out catchment 391.

Anyone know 2011 test?

Hope this help. Good luck
Thriny_00

Post by Thriny_00 »

Is the score is out of 400 or 500?
Cheam

Post by Cheam »

They did not say!
ziffymum

Post by ziffymum »

Thansk Cheam, do you have any details of how inside catchment and outside catchment works for wallington and what is the approx rank to which an outside catchment seat was given perviously.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now