Tiffins and slough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ap2004

Tiffins and slough

Post by ap2004 »

my boy got 218. Can he get into tiffins? does people travel to Tiffins boys from slougg? Slough score is 122. so thinking about slough only now. also, shall i but non -grammar school based on a score of 122 for slough. if yes, which one? Please suggest.
harrow123

Re: Tiffins and slough

Post by harrow123 »

ap2004 wrote:my boy got 218. Can he get into tiffins? does people travel to Tiffins boys from slougg? Slough score is 122. so thinking about slough only now. also, shall i but non -grammar school based on a score of 122 for slough. if yes, which one? Please suggest.
with slough 122 , there is no doubt that u wud get into slough schcool

i know 2 boys travel from slough to tiffin, they go to datchet and take 2 trains from there to kingston. boys feel it is worth travelling to kingston for tiffin
u can put non-grammar as 6th choice , u may put any close one and it is very unlikely that ur ds will need to go to non-grammar
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

harrow123 wrote:
ap2004 wrote:my boy got 218. Can he get into tiffins? does people travel to Tiffins boys from slougg? Slough score is 122. so thinking about slough only now. also, shall i but non -grammar school based on a score of 122 for slough. if yes, which one? Please suggest.

i know 2 boys travel from slough to tiffin, they go to datchet and take 2 trains from there to kingston. boys feel it is worth travelling to kingston for tiffin
u can put non-grammar as 6th choice , u may put any close one and it is very unlikely that ur ds will need to go to non-grammar
Which one of the Slough grammar schools you like most? And which one is close to your home?

You can actualy put all four of the Slough consortium schools in order of your preference. With score of 122, you are most likely to get your first preference. Your DS has done well. Congratulations.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
ap2004

Post by ap2004 »

Thanks for your reply. I live in slough so should be able to get into Langley i think. Fingers crossed. I dont think he will get into Tiffins based on 218 score.

I am thinking of following sequence: any thoughts on this
1. Langley
2. Herschel
3. st. Bernard
4. Bernard
5. Tiffins
6. May be John Hampden or non-grammer like Westegate or Langley acadamy

I think you can travel to Tiffins from Windsor. It takes 40 mins with one change. Is it possible to give details of parents to Tiffins as i would like to talk to them. Thank you.
ap2004

Post by ap2004 »

tiffinboys wrote:
harrow123 wrote:

Which one of the Slough grammar schools you like most? And which one is close to your home?

You can actualy put all four of the Slough consortium schools in order of your preference. With score of 122, you are most likely to get your first preference. Your DS has done well. Congratulations.
my boy likes Langly, so hoping for the same. Herschel or st Benrnard, if not Langley.