The Allocation and equal preference system

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: The Allocation and equal preference system

Post by ToadMum »

We were the distressed recipients of a Non-Ranked Allocation for DD last March 1st - a bit of a shock to the system after DS1's easy first choice allocation 4 years previously :( . It wasn't a school that we had rejected as such during the application process, just one we had opted to leave off the visiting list for logistical reasons (somebody's law, that, isn't it?).

The other 4 DC in DD's year who were in the same position gradually all managed to get places elsewhere (or in one child's case, just didn't turn up in September); we were the only ones who actually made the effort to go and see the school :shock:. One of the things that I have learnt about it is that within its actual catchment area there is quite a lot of local loyalty to the place.

We have been lucky - DD is very happy there :) She is even coping most of the time with her journey. In the absence of buses in yesterday's snow, she now has in her repertoire the two-train as well as the two-bus method.

In our case, I suspect that the "undersuscribedness" of the school has as much to do with local demographics as anything else. I am very mindful of the fact that things could definitely have been worse...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sanpoolo

Post by sanpoolo »

some people told it might come early morning ?
is it correct ?
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

If you mean when you might find out about your school offer, it depends on your local authority, not which school you applied to.

If you live in a London borough, I believe that the information is online at 5pm and emails are sent after that. That's certainly how it's been in the last few years and I haven't seen anywhere that it's likely to change.
Sate

Post by Sate »

Does anybody have the chart that was the first post as it seems to be taken down. It would be really helpful if you could repost it.

Thanks.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Sate wrote:Does anybody have the chart that was the first post as it seems to be taken down. It would be really helpful if you could repost it.

Thanks.
Posted 7 years ago and possibly changed photobucket accounts since then
James Bond

Post by James Bond »

What makes the cutoff levels move down after March?

Is there another scheduled day for next round of allocations to be announced or does that happen every month since March until Sep?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

the cutoff levels on March 1st are the scores of the last offered place- over the next few months places are turned down by people who are moving / going to private school etc etc hence the last score offered drops gradually. If there are several popular schools then as someone turns down a place, someone else takes it up and releases one at another school which is then offered to someone else and so on
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:
Sate wrote:Does anybody have the chart that was the first post as it seems to be taken down. It would be really helpful if you could repost it.

Thanks.
Posted 7 years ago and possibly changed photobucket accounts since then
I can still see it... :?:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

It looks very blurred to me with a "Photobucket" logo across it
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

ToadMum wrote:
I can still see it... :?:
Maybe you’re looking at a cached version? Screenshot it quickly!
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now