Business School - Southborough, Ascroft Academy etc...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
YourChildrenSuccess

Re: Business School - Southborough, Ascroft Academy etc...

Post by YourChildrenSuccess »

tiffinboys wrote:
We took Slough test and our journey took about 90 minutes. If we were in Slough (& nearby, even Ealing with direct train links) and had the choice of any one of the Slough grammars, we would never consider this journey to Kingston for Tiffin.

We did put Slough as our 6th choice. If one thinks that their DC is very bright and if the choice is between Slough Grammar and our nearby comprehensive, we will accept Slough Grammar anytime. Not if other great school nearby is available.
Thanks TB. I have done a bit of travel by bus to Heathrow and a bit beyond and its not my favorite travel I must say. I can imagine how dreadful the long travel and packed buses would be for a child, not to mention the bus changes.

But its interesting that you would rather let your DC travel to Slough if given the choice of Grey Crt and Hollyfiled or Southborough! Makes me think. I won't even mention Chessington community, I was told not to consider it at all!!
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig, you get dirty; and besides, the pig likes it" - George Bernard Shaw
tiffinboys

Re: Business School - Southborough, Ascroft Academy etc...

Post by tiffinboys »

YourChildrenSuccess wrote:
But its interesting that you would rather let your DC travel to Slough if given the choice of Grey Crt and Hollyfiled or Southborough! Makes me think. I won't even mention Chessington community, I was told not to consider it at all!!
If children can come from Slough to Kingston, leaving all the grammars there, we can go there as well. Perhaps would make a deal with the same minicab/coach company. :wink:

We are on the other side of Kingston so won't be eligible for some of the schools (GC & Hf) and others we won't consider - just that DC is not suitable for these schools.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now