Tiffin

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Garlech

Tiffin

Post by Garlech »

My daughter sat the Tiffin Girls exam on Tuesday and there were two sittings one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Is this the usual system or are there more children sitting the exam.

Does anyone know roughly how many children sit the exam for those 120 places?
alsosat

Post by alsosat »

Yes there have always been two sittings. Usually about 900-1200. Good luck to your daughter

Post by Guest »

anybody travelling from Woking, Surrey to Tiffin Girls. Recently moved here, so just wanted to know if at all its worth applying for Tiffin Girls from Woking, Surrey. Is the daily school journey feasible at all?
Bakersdozen

Post by Bakersdozen »

On first thoughts it would seem complicated and the Head of Tiffin Boys suggests no child makes ajourney of more than an hour as this would prevent them from entering into school life fully. Tiffin Girls is further out of Kingston Town Center so this would add to the journey time.

However you could look at trains from Woking to Surbition or Esher and then buses from there. The 801 Tiffin girls school bus goes by Esher way and plenty of Kingston buses go from Surbition Station. Both Esher & Surbition are on the Woking line.

Speak to Kingston Town Hall maybe?
Good Luck!

Post by Guest »

Thanks Bakersdozen.
The train time taken from Woking to Surbiton shows about 20 to 30 mins, I believe the bus journey from Surbiton to Tiffin Girls should not take more than another 30 mins. The total journey should be within an hour then, i guess. So that seems like a bit of good news......

Post by Guest »

Looks like there's a school service from Surbiton station to Tiffin Girls. It takes 18 mins.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now