Preparation for Tiffin, Nonsuch and Wallington Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ardmore

Preparation for Tiffin, Nonsuch and Wallington Girls

Post by ardmore »

Dear Surreymum and all.
My DD goes to Y4 in a sutton LEA school. I have decided to coach her for her Y7 entrance exam which she will take in Autumn 2014.
I got just about two years. I am aware there are writing comprehension and essays now in Tiffin and Non such. What can you suggest as good source to improve her writing comprehension ? Are there standard references to master writing comprehensions and story writing?
For verbal and non verbal what are the good series as far as these three schools are concerned? Where do I start?
For maths I know bond series is quite challenging unless you have better suggestion.
Thanks a lot a hope.
Ardmore
tiffinboys

Re: Preparation for Tiffin, Nonsuch and Wallington Girls

Post by tiffinboys »

Welcome back, ardmore.

Well, you are more experienced than many of us here as you have gone through this before. At year 4, I would suggest you concentrate more on Mental Maths, Maths concepts and Reading. Reading together and asking questions about the difficult words and their usage in the test helps at lot in improving comprehension.

Also see the advise on the following link.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/prepar ... r-3-year-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this will help.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
ardmore

Re: Preparation for Tiffin, Nonsuch and Wallington Girls

Post by ardmore »

Thanks a lot Tiffinboys.
It is very kind of you to remember me. Yes, about three years back I was in this forum for my DS who is now getting ready for GCSE in Wilson's school.
I found your link very useful. The list of suggested readings for vocabs is amazing. I am straight on the case. MY DD likes to read , so that is a good point.
ardmore
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now