What happened to T.Girls proposed designated area 2014-2015?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
twelveminus

Re: What happened to T.Girls proposed designated area 2014-2

Post by twelveminus »

somum wrote:I have just gone to Tiffin Girls' website to look through the proposed designated area document for 2014/15 and it seems that they have taken down the document that listed all postcodes in the proposed catchment area.

Has anyone noticed this change. I was actually trying to see if they have anything on siblings being allowed to take the exams this year.

:|
It was a consultation.

Many people will have objected.

It might not go ahead.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

tiffinboys wrote: In response to your OP, the consultation document was taken down after the consultation period ended. Now TGS will post their Determined Admissions Arrangements, when ever approved by TGS Governors. I hope that they properly deal with the anomalies in their original proposals and not use the consultation as merely an eye wash.
Tiffin Girls website shows Governing body meetings as

Dates of Governing Body meeting dates for academic year 2012-2013
25th September 2012
11th December 2012
29th January 2013
7th May 2013
18th May 2013 (Governor Conference)
10th July 2013

So looks like first meeting after consultation is May.

Incidently don't forget anyone is entitled to see any school Governors minutes (occasionally some items are deemed confidential eg personnel items) but main minutes can be read. Similarly if you wanted to, you could ask your DCs primary school for their latest governors minutes.

Kingston Borough school admissions for 2014 are here (doesn't include academies though)
http://moderngov.kingston.gov.uk/docume ... 0final.pdf
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Definitely, they would have an early meeting and DAA would be published long before 30 April.
TiffinGirls

Post by TiffinGirls »

I don't know what the outcome is but it seems that local politicians are jumping on the bandwagon. The mayor came to the TGS school birthday for the first time recently (they send an invite every year). I also noticed something on the local Tory party website welcoming the idea of a designated area and implying it was due to their councillors or whoever visiting the school that had led this this. Nice to give credit where it is due :twisted:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

TiffinGirls wrote: I don't know what the outcome is but it seems that local politicians are jumping on the bandwagon........... Nice to give credit where it is due :twisted:
Council elections are due in May 2014. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soon other Councillors and their Leader would also be claiming the credit. :evil: :evil:

However, whoever take the credit, I would be very very happy for the local children if TGS implement a much smaller and sensible catchment policy (or even better, distance policy).
Last edited by tiffinboys on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

somum wrote:I have just gone to Tiffin Girls' website to look through the proposed designated area document for 2014/15 and it seems that they have taken down the document that listed all postcodes in the proposed catchment area.
The links to the documents don't work any more, but the postcodes, and a map are here.