Tiffin Girls' School 2014 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
London_Mum

Re: Tiffin Girls' School 2014 Entry

Post by London_Mum »

There may be some reassurance gained from knowing you live in the catchment area that encourages people to apply.
In previous years, any parent entering their child knew they were to be pitted against thousands of other girls from as far away as Halifax! Psychologically this is a big barrier to overcome.
Now, some may feel it is worth sitting for the test since they have already cleared the first hurdle simply by living in one of the chosen postcodes.
Of course that may mean some of a lower ability attempt it but it also could mean those who were put off by the sheer enormity of the competition - but who are equal to the task - sit it when in previous years they wouldn’t have opted to do so.

Plus last year was the last of the low birth rate years so next year's potential intake is already much larger (and the year after, larger still). There are more potential applicants for every school in the 2014 intake than the 2013 one.

I may be completely wrong but my money’s on there being at least the same number of applicants this year as last year.
somum

Re: Tiffin Girls' School 2014 Entry

Post by somum »

London_Mum wrote:There may be some reassurance gained from knowing you live in the catchment area that encourages people to apply.
In previous years, any parent entering their child knew they were to be pitted against thousands of other girls from as far away as Halifax! Psychologically this is a big barrier to overcome.
Now, some may feel it is worth sitting for the test since they have already cleared the first hurdle simply by living in one of the chosen postcodes.
Of course that may mean some of a lower ability attempt it but it also could mean those who were put off by the sheer enormity of the competition - but who are equal to the task - sit it when in previous years they wouldn’t have opted to do so.

Plus last year was the last of the low birth rate years so next year's potential intake is already much larger (and the year after, larger still). There are more potential applicants for every school in the 2014 intake than the 2013 one.

I may be completely wrong but my money’s on there being at least the same number of applicants this year as last year.
Interesting analysis and thanks London mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now