Second round - Wilson, Sutton & Wallington

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: Second round - Wilson, Sutton & Wallington

Post by tiffinboys »

Inform the school ASAP. If they could do it easily, your DC can take the test on 8th. More likely, he would sit on the day reserved for emergencies (illness etc).
mum-of-three

Post by mum-of-three »

Has someone received invites from Sutton or Wilson?
ss1405

Post by ss1405 »

Hi mum-of-three

I spoke to Wilson admissions office today morning. They say that they cant change the date of the exam what so ever.
Also from today evening we should be getting the info about second round details.
However suggested to explain the same to Tiffins school as they have alternate setup.
I have sent an email to Tiffins admissions office. lets see what they say. .

regards
Push

Post by Push »

mum-of-three wrote:Has someone received invites from Sutton or Wilson?
No, this is what the email informing the result said:
You will receive a further email from each of the schools confirming the individual arrangements for their tests as follows:-

Sutton Grammar School Email notification: 23 October 2013

Wallington County Grammar School Email notification: Parents can expect to hear from WCGS from lunchtime on Friday 27th September 2013 with arrangements for the 2nd Stage test.

Wilson’s School Email notification: At the start of the week commencing 30th September
monikaaji

Post by monikaaji »

Hi, just to update you all. I called Tiffin this morning and told them about the clash with Wilson's on the 9th and they said they would let my son sit another day. It could be the 8th if they managed to squeeze him in or would then be the 17th of October. They would only be able to confirm this in a couple of days.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Well done, Tiffins. Other schools should also be accommodating in such cases.
ss1405

Post by ss1405 »

I called the school as well. Looks like it will be 17th.
Confirmation to follow tomorrow.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

Removed my comments :)
Last edited by parent2013 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

monikaaji wrote:Hi, just to update you all. I called Tiffin this morning and told them about the clash with Wilson's on the 9th and they said they would let my son sit another day. It could be the 8th if they managed to squeeze him in or would then be the 17th of October. They would only be able to confirm this in a couple of days.
They have to let you take it another day, its not your fault there is a clash. Have just been back on Tiffin boys website and it still says the exam is 8th, not 8th and 9th so you cant have been expected to keep 9th clear.
I guess the alternative was to do a third sitting on 8th (which they clearly opted against) or to have hired some extra rooms nearby for the overflow (possibly not practical and involves extra costs).
I find it odd that no spare classrooms could be found (as school is closed to normal lessons), probably in exam format could have got 15-20 in each room for two sittings and done away with potential problems of exam details being communicated to those sitting 9th

http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/admissions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Perhaps a little help from a neighbour opposite? or a Hall in Ealing or Hounslow area? that would have eased travel for so many..

In fact, few test centres in different boroughs (from where most candidates apply) would be a good idea for next year. Exam could then finish in one sitting, with no risk of any leaks.