result from Wallington high school for girls.. but

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loopylou

Re: result from Wallington high school for girls.. but

Post by loopylou »

Someone scored 436 in a previous year but I think that is the highest mentioned so far on the forum.
Those who pass the Wallington test but get allocated a school they listed as a higher preference get told their scores.
modernista

Post by modernista »

Loopy lou, our posts got crossed. I replied on another forum.
Hrhgh

Post by Hrhgh »

Out of curiosity did anyone who's DD passed the Wally Girls exam note
a paragraph in their letter encouraging them to make Wally Girls their first choice?
sys4cad

Post by sys4cad »

Hrhgh wrote:Out of curiosity did anyone who's DD passed the Wally Girls exam note
a paragraph in their letter encouraging them to make Wally Girls their first choice?
Here is one example.

I am delighted to be able to inform you that your daughter has passed our Entrance Test for a September 2014 place. She is therefore deemed to be of selective ability and eligible to be considered for a place at this school.

Please note that this is NOT an offer of a place. The allocation of places, based upon our over subscription criteria, will be notified to applicants by their Home Local Authority on the National Offer Day, in early March 2014.

I very much hope you decide to place us as your first choice on the CAF. <- you mean this one :?: BUT what if my daughter is over 100+??? ( as we are OOC ) I will not place this school as 1st choice due to their uncertainty.
Last edited by sys4cad on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

sys4cad wrote:I very much hope you decide to place us as your first choice on the CAF. <- you mean this one :?: BUT what if my daughter is over 100+??? ( as we are OOC ) I will not place this school as 1st choice due to their uncertainty.
If it would otherwise be your first choice, put it first anyway. If you don't get your first choice your application switches to your second choice and will be treated EXACTLY as if you had placed it first. Legally schools can no longer discriminate on the basis of where you placed them on the application form. So just list them in your true order of preference, with the proviso that your last choice is an insurance one (usually your local school) which you know you are certain to get, or you risk getting allocated a place at anywhere (usually the nearest) which has spare places after all preferences have been met, should you not get any of your listed preferences.
Hrhgh

Post by Hrhgh »

Sys4cad if you're DD is not ranked amongst the top 100 and you're OOC, then there's not a lot you can do about it. The issue is you'll never know whether your DD is amongst the top 100 so since she's passed you're best including WHSG in your list of 6. Now if that's where you want her to go, it's advisable you list WHSG first, reason being if your DD should get selected at your highest choice provided she meets the criteria for that school she will get in.
For instance, if you pick NonSuch's as your first choice and WHSG as your second whereas you want her to go to WHSG. If she meets the criteria of both Nonsuch and WHSG, then she will be selected at Nonsuch as that is the first choice for which she is eligible. If she does not meet NonSuch's criteria then the next school for which she is eligible e.g. WHSG will be selected.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

It is quite unlikely that all the top 100 would have put WGHS as their first choice. It is quite possible that girl ranked much much lower may get in, for example, if top ranked girls higher preference is Tiffin or Nonsuch or Newstead Wood or Tonbridge or some other school.
sys4cad

Post by sys4cad »

I know most of DD took 2~3 schools and Wally girls considering that as well.
I guess that is why school set pass mark for consisting 3 times more than real entry.

It seems school also aware they are not 1st preference most likely.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

No school would know your preferences. Only when you get a higher preferences, the lower eligible places are released.
sys4cad

Post by sys4cad »

tiffinboys wrote:No school would know your preferences. Only when you get a higher preferences, the lower eligible places are released.
I know it is legally prohibited.
But I felt Wally seems to know they are not comparative than Tiffin and Nonsuch.

Wally 700 pass for 210 PAN : 333%+
Tiffin 450(2nd Exam) for 150 PAN :300%

P.S as you mentioned earlier, Tiffin & Nonsuch provides the result of exam
so Parent can make better decision based on their DD's ability.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now