Tiffin Boys 2014 - results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
elevenplusprep

Re: Tiffin Boys 2014 - results

Post by elevenplusprep »

I have just observed a trend here. All the high scorers are having 140 in Verbal reasoning and less in NVR

DS total Score - 275

My DS score is showing opposite here
VR - 135
NVR - 140

And i always thought NVR was not my DS strong area.

Magic these small brain shows!!
Marora987

Post by Marora987 »

Got score of my DS. He got 249 (VR 128 and NVR 121). Is there any chance for him?
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

monikaaji wrote:Hello All, my DS has scored 241. Going on historical information, we should be getting a place as last year, the initial qualifying score was 231. However, I see a lot of high scores here and am just assessing our chances. :-)

All said and done, our boys deserve a real pat on the back for having worked so hard in the last year.

-MM
monikaaji wrote:However, I see a lot of high scores here and am just assessing our chances. :-)
I think you will find (i) only those whose DSs have done well will come on and post the scores; (ii) in any case, this forum is for those that are obsessed with Tiffin (etc) and so by definition they will do well having prepared for this moment for years.

241 should be more than good enough even allowing for a few hundred additional applicants. Bear in mind that of the 2000 who took the test, 1000 got below the average of 200.

Well done. (We are out of this one.....long way short)
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

Marora987 wrote:Got score of my DS. He got 249 (VR 128 and NVR 121). Is there any chance for him?
Yep - you are in. Well done.
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

OMG you guys, do you realise how amazing these scores actually are?

I know a website like this attracts people who are definitely going to give it their all, but really, these scores are fantastic.

Congratulations to you all :D and commiserations to those of you whose children didn't score as highly. There are many other schools out there where your children can and will achieve :D
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

kast wrote:Hi Tiffins boys
Thanks for ur reply.My son always love to go Wilson.We tried camphill boys in Birmingham as well.He got 270.Thought to move and checked league table it was4th top in Uk although Wilson ranks 20th.But son was determined to go Wilson.So,should opt for that.
That settles it then. :D
But obviously, other schools should be put on CAF as well in your true preference.
smart-boys-dad

Post by smart-boys-dad »

smart-boys-dad wrote:Got ours DS score: Total 271
- Verbal Reasoning = 140
- Non-Verbal Reasoning = 131
Very pleased with my DS. He has secured a place in QE Boys, Latymer, MHCS, DAO and now Tiffin Boys!. Cannot believe he did so well in TB as he was very tired by the time we got there and stressed (we reached late)!.
tiffinboys wrote:Congrats. Brilliant score.
At least now change your id to very-smart-boys-dad. :D
Indeed Tiffinboys!. I am assuming your DS is keen on tiffinboys?.

DS has made us very proud and the results across all subect (English, Maths, VR and NVR) for various school proved that he does well in all areas.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

smart-boys-dad wrote: DS has made us very proud and the results across all subect (English, Maths, VR and NVR) for various school proved that he does well in all areas.
Yes, the results are so good and encouraging that perhaps you would like to look at Top London indies (SPS, W, CLS etc. ) as well for scholarship entry?
aram

Post by aram »

hello
my friend`s son got 199 they can`t understand about their result. please anybody can you advice?
thanks
smart-boys-dad

Post by smart-boys-dad »

smart-boys-dad wrote:Got ours DS score: Total 271
- Verbal Reasoning = 140 , Non-Verbal Reasoning = 131
Very pleased with my DS. He has secured a place in QE Boys, Latymer, MHCS, DAO and now Tiffin Boys!. Cannot believe he did so well in TB as he was very tired by the time we got there and stressed (we reached late)!.
I thought I mention this now for everybody's benefit. Please do not get disappointed with these high scores some DS have achieved. There are few DS that get more than 260. It is just that these parents (including myself!) got too excited and start adding the scores to the forum :roll: .
Our preference are 1. QE Boys (2 miles from our place!), 2. Latymer, 3. DAO followed by TB on 4th place on our priority list.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now