Tiffin Boys 2014 - results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: Tiffin Boys 2014 - results

Post by tiffinboys »

Excitement is natural. Nice to be so humble. All the best to all DCs which ever school they go to.
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

ClappedOutMum wrote: I think you will find (i) only those whose DSs have done well will come on and post the scores;
:(
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

JaysDarlin wrote:
ClappedOutMum wrote: I think you will find (i) only those whose DSs have done well will come on and post the scores;
:(
I'm so sorry, Sara. :cry:

You have contributed so much to the forum over the years, and I really was hoping you would get a good result.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Very sorry to read that, jaysdarlin. I am sure your DC will do well at whichever school is lucky to have him.
rakomaster

Post by rakomaster »

Yes, the results have indeed come in. My son scored 237.

Judging by the past records, he has a good chance of getting in.

Soooo relieved now. He's worked really hard to achieve this.
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Oh Jaysdarlin really sorry to hear. You have been so helpful and have shared so much information on the forum. We also did not get the score we hoped for. DS will be disappointed but I guess onwards and upwards. 218
: :x
Roz12

Post by Roz12 »

Hello all,

For those who didn't get the score they wanted I sympathise I did a post on this:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 30&t=34645" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I like to thank all the wonderful supportive parents.

There is nothing wrong with local comps as long ur children have parents liek us to support them the whole way.

:D
etranger

Post by etranger »

Also received e-mail with score, but not as high as can be seen seen at the beginning of this thread. We slightly above the water - 239.

e-mail got me confused regarding Tiffin's historical Information:

What is the difference between following:

"Initial qualifying score” and "Final qualifying score" ?

Is FQS is merely a lowest_score_admitted from waiting list or is it something else?

Also, what is:
"Offers after initial offers"

Are these offers made after 1-March ???
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

aram wrote:my friend`s son got 199 they can`t understand about their result. please anybody can you advice?
The group taking the test is selective; only those who think they have a chance take it... and people from a large catchment take the test... getting 199 is good result it shows that they were in the middle of all candidates pretty much scoring higher than 50% of them. That's beating 1000 people... pretty awesome!
The reality is that competition is really fierce with heavy tutoring/practice and the margins for error are tiny... scoring 90% in practice papers doesn't cut it for these tests if a good proportion of the candidates are also scoring 90%; indeed you can score 99% and still get beaten by enough candidates to fill Tiffin if they are scored 100%. The tests have got more and more competative over the years.
There are a few candidates that will score 140s; but these are rare... for us mere mortals life is far more nerve wracking... it could easily go either way... and we didn't tutor for years.... scary.
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
earleymom

Post by earleymom »

@Jaysdarlin:

Very Sorry to hear your news. I have used your flashcards for my DS and can't thank enough for the extensive work you have done to collate them and then offer for free to all other parents.

I'm sure with your help your DS will shine wherever he goes...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now