TGS result and apply

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
One_Shot

Re: TGS result and apply

Post by One_Shot »

tabasco wrote:Or may be they are aware of the Stage 2 tests are worth 70% of the final mark and not to post their score yet?
Have not seen high scorers being shy; normally it is the other way round as parents become anxious sitting on the borderline...but yes, it is possible.
tabasco wrote: My DD scored 255 last year and that was only 21%
That was one superlative performance (though one that your DD surpassed in her second round, if I remember right). You say "only" but I think that with such a great 1st round score and 21 out of 30 in the bag, getting 29/70 sounds much less daunting!
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

Yes, I agree with you that high scorers are usually not shy to post their school. However because of the way the stage 2 scores were scaled that some DDs with very high Stage 1 score were disappointed with their English mark after linear scaling and the final mark might not be as high as expected even though they were in the top 150 DDs. Last year it was different because all DPs have not idea what was the breakdown of the stage 2 tests and the how the raw scores are going to be standardised. Since the outcome might not be certain it is probably better not to post their Stage 1 score at least until their DDs have sat the Stage 2 tests?
For example Tiffin Boys only have a 1 stage exam there are no shy of high scorer results posted on their thread.
One_Shot

Post by One_Shot »

tabasco wrote: Since the outcome might not be certain it is probably better not to post their Stage 1 score at least until their DDs have sat the Stage 2 tests?
I think you are probably right.

The value of this board, however, is only as good as the information on it and if people are using its resources, they might as well contribute.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now