Nonsuch school catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nithyac

Nonsuch school catchment

Post by nithyac »

Hi

My daughter has scored 216 in Nonsuch test held in Sep13. I would like to know-

-if this score has any chance to be within top 80 as we are outside catchment
- as per school website, we need to be within catchment by 31 Oct which is only few days away. Only under exceptional circumstances can this be extended to mid-dec. What are these exceptional circumstances? Also if we do manage to move into catchment, will this score guarantee us a place at the school?

Appreciate feedback please!

KR
One_Shot

Re: Nonsuch school catchment

Post by One_Shot »

nithyac wrote:Hi

My daughter has scored 216 in Nonsuch test held in Sep13. I would like to know-

-if this score has any chance to be within top 80 as we are outside catchment
- as per school website, we need to be within catchment by 31 Oct which is only few days away. Only under exceptional circumstances can this be extended to mid-dec. What are these exceptional circumstances? Also if we do manage to move into catchment, will this score guarantee us a place at the school?

Appreciate feedback please!

KR
The OOC scores the last two years were 342 & 345 in 3 papers. The IC scores were 315 and 298. What the score would be this year based on 2 tests is anybodies guess.

Exceptional circumstances could be like relocating from abroad or planned move delayed due to extenuating circumstances?
loopylou

Re: Nonsuch school catchment

Post by loopylou »

There is no way to know at this stage if 216 will be enough in catchment. It depends on the scores of everyone else in catchment who asks for a place in their application. It depends for example if high scoring girls who put Nonsuch as their 2nd choice go on to qualify for their 1st choice (because if they don't they will get Nonsuch and push the in catchment score up)

If you move within catchment, the council will check that it is a permanent address you have moved to (you would need to dispose of your current property for example to prove this. It is not permitted for a family to rent short term in catchment to gain a place).
Exceptional circumstances would be as One-Shot describes - a current house move delayed by legal problems, armed forces relocation or possibly a last minute move forced by job relocation or some other unexpected change in circumstances. A move planned with the sole intention of qualifying for a school place when the address at application did not enable qualification is not going to be an exceptional circumstance.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now