TGS result and apply

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
aram

TGS result and apply

Post by aram »

hello

my daughter passed TGS-219 NONSUCH-212 and also passed WGHS. her 1st choice is TGS. we are out of catchment for nonsuch and wghs.but catchment fo tgs.
please can you advice how to put priference. we plan to put 1st TGS. BUT we don`t know what about the 2nd choice.
please and also can you anybody give the score who get the place TGS at last year.
thanks
aram
SunlampVexesEel

Re: TGS RESULT AND APPLY

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

IMHO just put the schools in the order of preference you truly want... And in particular take consideration for whether the journey to school is really do-able.

You might not want to hear this but...

Based on historic data your TGS and Nonsuch scores would not have secured a place; the Wallington score is unknown but likewise if it is consistent with the TGS and Nonsuch scores it might not be enough OOC. Therefore as it stands you are most likely not to be offered any of those 3 schools.

Moving into Nonsuch catchment might work, even this late in the day; also a good performance in TGS stage 2 might work but bear in mind all Stage 2 candidates scored >=214 so it's harder for a 217 scorer than a 280 scorer in the next round, albeit possible.

You need to consider alternatives so you are guaranteed to not be too shocked in March.
You should list all 3 and some extras on your CAF.

Best of luck in TGS Stage 2.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

Saying that, we haven't heard from many high scorers. The highest TGS first round score posted here so far has been 247 I think. I remember there being 280 and a couple in the 270s last year!
One_Shot

Post by One_Shot »

It is a bit curious that there have been almost no score above 255 posted this year. I think there was one but that was outside designated area. Last year there were around 10 superb scores posted (could not believe the 280 one). Nonsuch had quite a few posters that had very high scores. So either they have fell foul of the designated area and not given the test or posters are being a bit shy as standardization ensures there will be children with great scores.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Two friends' daughters are through: one with 244 and one 247. Both in catchment.
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

May be as a result of having a catchment area???
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Or may be other people are waiting for more regular local posters to post their DDs scores as well?
One_Shot

Post by One_Shot »

Peridot wrote:Two friends' daughters are through: one with 244 and one 247. Both in catchment.
I am aware of three high scores of acquaintances; 253, 255 and 257.

one possibility could be that this year the same students have not scored very high marks in both VR and NVR which is why we are not seeing the high scores like last year. It might also partly explain the 5 mark reduction in cut-off as compared to last year.
One_Shot

Post by One_Shot »

tabasco wrote:May be as a result of having a catchment area???
The standardization process only is applied to the candidates sitting the exam and that would still force scores to go up to 280, regardless of where the pool of candidates came from?
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

Or may be they are aware of the Stage 2 tests are worth 70% of the final mark and not to post their score yet? My DD scored 255 last year and that was only 21% and with this you need to get approximately 29/70 in stage 2 to make the cut off score (49.87) for the final 150 DDs?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now