TGS - 2014 Allocations/Wait lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

TGS - 2014 Allocations/Wait lists

Post by tiffinboys »

Please post 2014 allocation/Wait list news here on this thread to keep all info at one place. Thanks.
tiffinboys

Re: TGS - 2014 Allocations/Wait lists

Post by tiffinboys »

Any one from TGS....
Sunnyme

Post by Sunnyme »

My DD got an offer for TGS and we accepted it on line as it was our 1st choice.
best of luck to all DD & DS who are still waiting.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Congratulations to all of those who have heard about places at Tiffin Girls' today. Presumably none of you will have received your letters yet from the school with details of marking... but I am curious to know whether the marking system is the same as last year, where the results of the four tests (nvr/vr, reading, writing and maths) were scaled and then added together to create a mark out of 100. The initial cut-off last year was 49.78. Some current parents have been musing as to whether it would be better to have a pass mark for each section, as grammar schools do in some other counties. Anyone in the current year 7 who scored very highly in the first round did not need to achieve a particularly high mark in the three tests in the second round to reach the cut-off mark. And vice versa of course: if a DD scored a lower mark in the first round they'd have to achieve much higher marks in the second round. Is it still the same this year?
nvasu

Post by nvasu »

Hi,

My daughter got into TGS. Thanks all for all the useful information and advice and tips. This forum has been of great help to me.

Thanks,
sunny_b1979

Post by sunny_b1979 »

My daughter has also received an offer of a place at TGS ... checked it online . hopefully I will have the detailed score details by tomorrow ..
aram

Post by aram »

hello
my daughter get our second choice wallington girls. but bit a worry because our 1st choice is TGS. WE ON THE WAITING LIST.
thanks
aram
victoria123

Post by victoria123 »

WGS is excellent (I think last year their results were a bit better than Nonsuch). I have put it as second choice because of the distance
well done to your DD, this is a real achievement :D
aram

Post by aram »

thankyou victiria123. we also ooc. we proud about my daughter but she is little bit worried.

thanks
aram
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Well done to DDs of victoria123, nvasu and aram.

aram, WHSG is an excellent school and if you live near it or commute is easy, it will be a great place to go.