TGS - 2014 Allocations/Wait lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
imr

Re: TGS - 2014 Allocations/Wait lists

Post by imr »

Our DD has got into TGS. This was our 2nd choice - only because of location (our first choice was HBS and though our DD was in Top 250 she did not get a final offer)

We are really pleased but are also slightly worried about her commute. We live in Ealing and she will need to travel by the 65 bus that I understand can take an hour and half in the evenings and sometimes more.

Is there any coach service for TGS?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

If you live near Ealing Broadway, 65 bus is a direct bus to TGS. If you are away, then Uxbridge Road traffic is a nightmare in rush hours.

I have also seen many mini coaches parked at TGS at 3 pm. Suppose that is the best time to catch up with the coach people.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Imr - congratulations to your DD. Looking at my DD's class lists for current year 7 girls I can see that of the 150 in the year, five girls travel from W5 and two from W13. One of the W5 girls is a close friend of my DD and she travels on the 65 every day. I can ask my DD to find out how long the journey usually takes and let you know.
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

We got Wallington girls which was our second choice. We didn't get TGS so slightly disappointed. Wallington will be a bit of a journey, do-able but would have wanted a more closer school. I'm not sure how the waiting list works or what the scores for TGS are yet. Aram, I think we are in the same boat!
nvasu

Post by nvasu »

Hi,

Has anyone received letter from TGS regarding the second stage test marks

Thanks
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

sgsgirl, hope your dd would get TGS place from the wait list. I heard that last year there were as many as 20-25 offers after initial allocation, one as late as in November as some one relocated abroad. Good Luck.

Your dd has done extremely well to get WHS place as ooc.
aram

Post by aram »

hello
we received my daughter`s TGS stage 2 result . but we are very disappointed about her reading and writting score. because she is always high score for her reading and writting she was born in November. she got WGHS. our 2nd choice. we live in OOC. TGS offered 53.93 0ut of 100
her score are:- 42.62 out of 100

NVR/VR--125/160
MATHS--41/50
READING--12/30
WRITTING--9/20

please can you any body give your daughter`s score and advice if i put waiting list any possible to get a place?
thanks
aram
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

aram, are you ooc for TGS as well? If so, I doubt if any ooc would have got place in TGS, whatever the score.

Does the TGS letter indicate last year's final cut off score?
ParistoLondon

Post by ParistoLondon »

Hi, our DD got through TGS- first choice.
Combined Score 64.55
Does anyone know what was the highest to be offered?
Cut-off is 53.95
aram

Post by aram »

thank you tiffinboys
we are live in cr4 post code. that is include TGS catchment. but no indicate last year cut off. i am half stress and half happy because we have 1 grammar and 1 private school with 25% academic scholarship.

thanks
aram