In year admissions at WHSG-testing procedure?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Roz12

In year admissions at WHSG-testing procedure?

Post by Roz12 »

Hi all,

I just wanted to know if I can apply for my DD for Wallington girls in year 8? She did not pass the 11 plus. Does she need to have passed and be on the waitlist? Or can you apply fresh? What is the testing procedure? What resources can I use?

Many Thanks

Ro
Peridot

Re: In year admissions at WHSG-testing procedure?

Post by Peridot »

Hi roz12. If Wallington is anything like Tiffin Girls then I would say no, you won't be able to reapply. TGS' admissions policy has the wording "those who sat the test but who obtained a mark lower than the cut-off score will not be considered for a place in Years 8 to 11 at any future time."
To be certain I would check the Wallington admissions policy, if it is on their website, or ring the school.
2tinkers

Post by 2tinkers »

Hi there, I asked the same question to the admissions person at Wallie Girls and you CAN in fact apply to go on the waiting list at the end of this year. The slate is wiped clean and it does not matter whether your DD passed or not.
Nonsuch however like Tiffins do not allow this.
It's nice to see the school are prepared to give those who may have buckled under pressure a chance. They will invite you for a test on subjects the kids are currently learning with no VR!! Hope that helps.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Thanks for clarification 2tinkers. I've always thought the Tiffin schools' approach was rather tough - you get one chance and that's it - so it's good to know Wallington Girls have a different stance.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now