Suggesitions on area to move near NonSuch School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sylm_2000

Suggesitions on area to move near NonSuch School

Post by sylm_2000 »

Having accepted place at Nonsuch for our DD we are now planning to move closer to the school.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestions on good areas, value for money and connectivity towards west London.

Based on some of the property web sites I see Chessington, Ewell, Worchester Park as good options however would welcome local insight and feedback.

We prefer quiet, educated & professional community, safe environment with access to nature.

Flexible on budget but can go-up £425k range.
hina

Re: Suggesitions on area to move near NonSuch School

Post by hina »

Morden is good, good transport links and 1 bus to nonsuch
J50

Post by J50 »

sylm_2000 wrote:Having accepted place at Nonsuch for our DD we are now planning to move closer to the school.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestions on good areas, value for money and connectivity towards west London.

Based on some of the property web sites I see Chessington, Ewell, Worchester Park as good options however would welcome local insight and feedback.

We prefer quiet, educated & professional community, safe environment with access to nature.

Flexible on budget but can go-up £425k range.

The area around Horton Park, Epsom fits the bill and is quite nice, you can get a fairly decent 2 bedroom flat round there for your budget:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... omMap=true
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

You can get a whole house for your money in Morden :D
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

You'll get a 3 bed house well within budget in Carshalton or Wallington too. One bus ride to Cheam. Chessington has no easy transport to Cheam as far as I know.
modernista

Post by modernista »

Congratulations and I think you will not regret decision to move nearer.

Be aware that the bus 470 is a half hourly bus and not a very reliable way to get to school. Where in west london do you want to travel to?

From worcester park you have 213 and 151 which are more frequent than the 470.

Nonsuch has a lot of after school activities and I would suggest living walking distance provided you can get to work. However Cheam is difficult but not impossible within 425k.
sylm_2000

Post by sylm_2000 »

Thank you for all for the useful insight. Really really appreciate it!

We are out for our first viewing this evening and hope we can get a house we want.

Please keep your suggestions coming as locals knows best :)

Thanks again!
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

FWIW the housing market seems to be red hot at the moment with houses selling above asking place around KT. Depending on your view on housing you might like to consider renting, at least until you have found somewhere that you are happy... but the obviously depends on your view of house prices etc.
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
J50

Post by J50 »

SunlampVexesEel wrote:FWIW the housing market seems to be red hot at the moment with houses selling above asking place around KT. Depending on your view on housing you might like to consider renting, at least until you have found somewhere that you are happy... but the obviously depends on your view of house prices etc.
Regards
SVE
Red hot's a bit of an understatement isn't it?? :oops: :) Seems to have gone mad again, another big leap up! Not complaining though...
astreix

Post by astreix »

We're in similar position and looking to move for Nonsuch. After looking at a few properties last week around Cheam & Sutton, it seems like Banstead / Epsom Down & some parts of Belmont were better value. Any idea how easy it is to travel from there to Nonsuch and Central London?