Your help please.. re Sutton/Wallington

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cindy

Your help please.. re Sutton/Wallington

Post by cindy »

a friend of mine is starting out fresh on the 11plus in this area, please would someone kindly answer the following for me.. :)

what books are required for preparation/which board needed?
Is there a non super-selective in this area that takes a basic pass, and do you know which one that is?
please does anyone know where the exam dates can be found.
and one last question, does sutton/wallington allow extra time form S.E.N ( Aspergers)?

thank you in advance :) x
tiffinboys

Re: Your help please.. re Sutton/Wallington

Post by tiffinboys »

It may be better if your friend was asking the question so that nothing is lost in communication.

Dates for registration and test are on each school's website and also in the sticky post here. Lot of information about books and preparation is given in the preparation section of this website. And if you look at the threads here, lot of these have loads of advise.

In Sutton, there are many non-selective comprehensives, where admission is on distance basis. All grammars here are considered to be super selective as number of applicants is many times the available places and admission is given in rank order even for catchment places. Hope this helps.

For SEN, you need to contact the school directly with the relevant evidence.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The usual rule at 11+ for SEN is that the candidate would be allowed the same accommodations as they have already been assessed as needing at primary school. I assume that the parents would have to provide written evidence of this.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now