What do you think the pass mark will be for SET

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
htm123

Re: What do you think the pass mark will be for SET

Post by htm123 »

Sorry to hear that your DC didn't pass. My DC was successful and at the moment his levels are 5a, working at 5a+ only in Maths. My DC was very shocked to hear that the only boy he met on the day of the test from his school didn't make it to the next round even though he is a bright, very sharp thinker and the best in Year 6 at mental Maths. My DS is accurate but slow when under pressure and said he had to hurry the last 5 Maths test questions otherwise he would have ran out of time so used his instinct for answering the last two questions. His school mate finished both tests a lot quicker than my DS, which made my DS really nervous.
London_Mum

Post by London_Mum »

There's a really good appeals board here with lots of experts and advice.
The short answer is that appealing next summer relies on you supplying a panel with evidence that your daughter is of very high academic ability and that her performance on the day of the exam somehow failed to demonstrate this. Some parents can show something awful happened prior to or during the exam that explains the result. However the main factor the panel consider is proof of ability.

It would be an uphill struggle to win simply because so many children who apply to these schools are of high academic ability and yet cannot all pass. There will be children who have passed stage 1 but not stage 2 and there will be children who passed both stage 1 and stage 2 but still don't have a place at the school they prefer. The number of successful appeals in this area is very low but appealing is the only route open to parents. If it is something you wanted to look at, you could start preparing now and also thinking about what you will do in terms of alternatives.
kiddos

Post by kiddos »

Congrats darbs and htm123, and thank you everyone for your advice, thinking of alternatives and options now....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now