Good luck everyone exam results out today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: Good luck everyone exam results out today

Post by tiffinboys »

aks2621 wrote:Hi

Does anyone have idea about the timing of Second Stage test for Wallington Girls grammar school (4th Oct) and Non-such girls grammar school (11th oct)?

We just reached in time for the SET Stage 1 earlier (8:42am to be precise just 3 minutes early).

This time, we want to plan better.We live in Norwich...

cheers
Seems like there would be 2 sessions as there could be as many as 900 girls for each of the girls grammars.

Coming from Norwich, try to come a day earlier.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chilledsonnervousdad

Post by chilledsonnervousdad »

demitasse wrote:
tiffinboys wrote:Approx 925 boys competing for 435 places.
Approx. 925 girls competing for 420 places.

In addition, there are 60 selective places at Greenshaw.

The odds are pretty good. Good Luck.
In addition, some of those will also have sat for Tiffin and/or independents.
Unfortunately, it is not as straightforward as that. Though Sutton's PAN is 135, only 60 places are up for grabs for out-of-catchment people. Moreover, the school needs to be on the CAF, even before the second stage exam. I have not come across anyone living out of the catchmentment area enthusiatic about this.
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

I didn't understand the last comment. Was it in reference to Sutton Grammar School?
If so, out of catchment places are not really limited at all. There's an extra 15 places created for Sutton boys, and the tie breaker used to decide the last couple of places favours local children, but that's all. The vast majority of places are offered with no reference to home address at all - just score.

Have I misunderstood this?

I'm not too sure why there's an issue with the CAF either. Mostly, parents have no real idea whether they might qualify this year for the schools they list - selective or non selective. In London and Surrey we can list 6 so, as long as at least 1 safe bet is on the form, this doesn't matter.
I suppose people who have sat 11+ exams in multiple regions might have to narrow down their final list but they would have known that in advance.
It wasn't so long ago that the entire examination process took place 3 months after the CAF had been submitted. Passing stage 1 (or not) at least offers some information to go on.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

Thank you ladymuck.
It just goes to show that you have to keep an eye on these things in the years your children aren't sitting the tests. The consultations and determined arrangements tend to pass you by otherwise.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now