Wallington Girls late sitters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
demitasse

Wallington Girls late sitters

Post by demitasse »

Does anyone know the test date for girls who were ill on Saturday and missed the Wallington Girls second stage test? I've just heard that one of the girls at my DD's school was sick. I've told my DD not to give away anything, but kids do talk... A few girls from DD's school sat the test on Saturday so they will probably all be comparing notes. With certain types of test this might not really give any advantage, but with the English exam I think it would.

This must be happening in lots of schools. Do you think they make any adjustment to the late test results? Although obviously this wouldn't be very fair to girls who were genuinely ill and who don't try to cheat. Opinions?
Ladymuck

Re: Wallington Girls late sitters

Post by Ladymuck »

Per Guest55 no test content must ever be revealed, so deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Pop over to the Redbridge forum to read about what happens when thousands of students sit on the original date and then the same paper is used as late as 17 days later. Schools who know what they are doing use a different paper so there is no advantage gained by a later sitting. It is important to find out the policy of the school on this. DG
demitasse

Post by demitasse »

Thanks - good advice. I'll post if I find out anything.
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

I don't think there's much advantage to be gained by late sitters in the quick fire style tests where candidates answer dozens of reasoning or even maths questions in a relatively short space of time.
However creative writing is totally different. The question would be much more memorable, preparation would be possible and advance knowledge is a distinct advantage.

I know standardisation is a consideration but creative writing is so subjective in many regards anyway that it must be possible to change at least that element of the exam for girls who were sick. I can't see them making allowances though either way. They cannot arbitrarily subtract marks on the off chance that a child had prior knowledge of the paper.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now