Nonsuch exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Womblemania

Re: Nonsuch exams

Post by Womblemania »

As CAF deadline approaches just wondering what people are putting down as references?

We've gone for....

1. TGS - through to Stage 1 with 244 and easier journey than Nonsuch
2. Nonsuch - 355 OOC - great school but not great journey
3. Ricards Lodge - local comp, very close - a cert

DD didn't sit Wallington and will also do indies in January.

What are others putting down?
spoon123

Post by spoon123 »

We still thinking between Wallington and Newsteadwood...almost equidistant from both...will submit this weekend..as council recommends earlier the better.

Good Luck ALL
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

Thanks tiffinboys for having an educated guess at the OOC cut off. Is anyone willing to take a punt at what the in-catchment cut off could be?

Pure guess work at this stage I know and we'll still have the agonising wait til March :(
spoon123

Post by spoon123 »

My guess take away 30 i.e. 294 or less...

again tiffinboys could define this :D
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

spoon123 wrote:My guess take away 30 i.e. 294 or less...

again tiffinboys could define this :D
Sounds like a reasonable IC cutoff.
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

With some assumptions, I estimated it at around 300 on allocation day so not far off spoon123's estimate.
hardworkbeingmum

Post by hardworkbeingmum »

Hi, I'm following this topic with much interest. It is so helpful!
My daughter passed non such with 368 but we are ooc, I'm struggling with what to put on the CAF form. She has passed Tiffin stage one but with a fairly low score of 224. But we did not do much work for the stage one and concentrated more on english and maths as it would be beneficial for more secondary school exams.
Do you think we are in with a good chance at nonsuch?
Am stressing like so many other parents out there and can't wait for the end of all of this!
whythis11plus

Post by whythis11plus »

hardworkbeingmum wrote:Hi, I'm following this topic with much interest. It is so helpful!
My daughter passed non such with 368 but we are ooc, I'm struggling with what to put on the CAF form. She has passed Tiffin stage one but with a fairly low score of 224. But we did not do much work for the stage one and concentrated more on english and maths as it would be beneficial for more secondary school exams.
Do you think we are in with a good chance at nonsuch?
Am stressing like so many other parents out there and can't wait for the end of all of this!
If your daughter is taking Tiffins stage 2 exam and she likes this school then I would go for that one as first choice and Nonsuch as 2nd choice. In the worst case she would get into Nonsuch easily with that score.
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

When filling out the form, you should do it on the assumption that your daughter has passed both exams with a score which would lead to an offer.
You should place Nonsuch and Tiffins on the form in the position you would want them assuming that your daughter easily qualifies for a place at each.

So, if you could have any school but would prefer Tiffins over Nonsuch, put Tiffins first
If you could have any school but prefer Nonsuch overall, put Nonsuch first

There is nothing to be gained by trying to guess which school she will ultimately get the highest 11+ score for.
If you place Tiffins first and she doesn't do well in the second round then your Nonsuch offer would still be safe (assuming their OOC score this year is 368 or less which it should be).
However if you place Nonsuch first because it feels safer and then she does very well at Tiffins, she won't get offered a place at Tiffins because you'd have already stated that you wanted Nonsuch more so will get allocated that regardless of her Tiffins score.
Ela

Post by Ela »

Very interesting, whythis11plus!
Could you please name at least few reasons why would you chose Tiffin first. Not having in mind distance of course. I was suffering couple nights before completing CAF and nonsuch appears no1 on it. What advantages are there at Tiffin?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now