Nonsuch exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: Nonsuch exams

Post by tiffinboys »

Sorry. DCs not taken Nonsuch exams yet. If they have the last years arrangements in place, then it should be on their website some where.
Balhamite

Post by Balhamite »

Daughter passed with a score of 294 but we are out of catchment so not very hopeful :?
IA76

Post by IA76 »

Our daughter sat both Wally and Nonsuch second stage tests and only cleared Nonsuch with a score of 288. Not sure if this score will see her through. Does someone know what the pass mark was last year.

Many thanks!
gulat

Post by gulat »

321 ooc :?
titsybitsy

Post by titsybitsy »

tiffinboys wrote:Sorry. DCs not taken Nonsuch exams yet. If they have the last years arrangements in place, then it should be on their website some where.
According to school website:
"The results of the Second Stage Entrance Examination will be emailed to parents during the week of 20 October 2014
You will find out by the end of October whether your daughter has passed the test. It is intended to send the outcome by email during the week of 20 October 2014. Please note that, because of oversubscription, many candidates who pass the test may not be made an offer."

In all probabilities, we should receive a mail from school. If not worth giving a ring.

Will be worth the wait. Dont worry TA
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

Does someone know what the pass mark was last year.
Last year the test was only 2 papers (no SET) and the cut off score to get offered a place in March was 209 in catchment and 230 OOC

Obviously that isn't directly comparable though as this year has 3 parts with equal weighting not two.
Gringo64

Post by Gringo64 »

Would it not also be the case that the cut off marks would be lower this year, because only 800 girls who had passed the SET took the test? Last year, twice the number of girls took the test and the average ability would have been slightly lower (because no SET).
Womblemania

Post by Womblemania »

I know it's considered bad form to post scores but saw on one of the other boards that a kind volunteer offered to collect anonymised scores plus in catchment/OOC details. That might help people wondering about OOC cut off? Can't offer to organise myself as am going away for few days but maybe a kind volunteer would?

Don't want to post score as know it can cause friction.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

My daughter did okay and we are in catchment.We are planning to put Nonsuch second to Wallington.I don't really understand what the standardised scores mean and at what point you could comfortably think you were pretty sure of a place.
My DD though both exams were really hard so we were surprised by the score.
The SET eliminated several very able children from DDs school who thought the test had gone well which was a real shame.
Commiserations to those who didn't get the result they were hoping for and best of luck in any results to come.

Sorry edited to remove score as hadn't seen previous post
aks2621

Post by aks2621 »

hi

is there anyone like me who has not got the result yet?

I would be calling them first thing in morning. Already, i have dropped email but i am not expecting any response till tomorrow.

ta
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now